Mosquitoes, in addition to biting painfully and flying around noisily, are a serious threat to human health. These tiny insects spread numerous diseases that include dengue fever, Barmah Forest Virus, Australian encephalitis, and Ross River Virus among others. It’s because of their ability to propagate numerous pathogens that these pests are considered some of the most dangerous in the world.
Pestrol offers range mosquito control products, such as mosquito traps for different size backyards, all natural mosquito repellents, and other solutions.
The Australian Mosquito
According to scientific research, there are said to be more than 300 different species of mosquito inhabiting Australia. So, as you can see, the term “Australian mosquito” is very broad and covers a lot of different species.
However, out of 300 or more known species, only a select few are considered to be a major problem for Australians; the ones that can spread disease. Apart from that, mosquitoes are mostly just highly annoying.
The average Australian mosquito has a lifespan of only around 2 to 3 weeks, but they are prolific breeders anywhere that still bodies of water are present.
Mosquito Symptoms + Quick facts
- Seeing the actual mosquitoes
- An annoying high pitched buzz
- Bite marks on your skin
- Mosquitoes generally feed on plant sap and nectar
- Only a few mosquito species feed on blood
- In the species that feed on blood only the females do
- Mosquitoes require water to breed
- Mosquitoes are most active at night
Pestrol’s Mosquito Control Products
- Automatic insecticide dispensers
- Refill cans for automatic dispensers
- Mosquito traps
- Electronic mosquito Repellers
- Mosquito bite relievers
- Bug sprays
- Bug zappers
- Mosquito repelling clothing
- Mosquito killers