Green Drain – Waterless Trap Seal
A Green Drain will allow the flow of water and debris whilst blocking dangerous gases, odours and pests. Green Drain – Waterless Trap Seal is super easy to install, this patented product is a new green and unique standard for floor drain trap seals. Our product is self-cleaning, simply water passing through the green drain cleans the device while protecting us from gases and pests.
This product is designed to solve the problems of odour, pests and sewage build-up often seen in other commercial and industrial floor drains. Our product’s design is based on our extremely effective and popular urinal cartridge technology, which has been tweaked to fit a much wider variety of applications. This simple, effective floor drain solution has already earned the regard of plumbers across the nation. Traditional floor drain technology poses a variety of problems in terms of maintenance and safety. The Green Drain™ solves these major problems in a big way.
Why this product is a must:
Plumbing systems, as well as open and exposed drains, are potential sources of contamination that provide a hospitable habitat for waterborne pathogens, especially Legionella. Furthermore, insects need moisture and food. What better place for mosquitoes, flies, fruit flies, cockroaches and the like to lay their eggs.
The solution is simple:
Of course, it is our product, the Green Drain. This product ensures we have reduced exposure to hazardous sewer gases and disease-causing pathogens that harbour within our drain lines and plumbing systems. As with all Pestrol products, we want a chemical-free alternative that is simple and easy to use, however it must be effective at the same time.
|Size||Pipe Size||Height||Flow Rate (L/min)|
How does the green drain work?
Our patented technology uses the most durable material. You simply place the device into the drain. The 1-way system only allows for debris and water to pass through, whilst not allowing gases or insects to come into our homes, hospitals, commercial buildings and more.
- The threat of disease-carrying pests that hide in your drains and breed. That is: Drain Flies, Cockroaches, Fruit Flies, Silver Fish and Mosquitoes.
- The need to pour chemicals and deodorizers down the drain and into our environment.
- Harmful sewer gasses entering your building.
- Costly chemical expenditures.
- Plumbing related call-outs.
- Water and water-related expenses by eliminating the need to trap primers.
- Time and energy.
How to install your green drain:
Video Instructions on how to install a Green Drain:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Green Drain?
The GREEN DRAIN™ is an environmentally friendly water-free trap seal, which can be installed in basically all floor drains without the use of tools.
Why is GREEN DRAINTM self-cleaning?
GREEN DRAIN™ lets water rinse the membrane and has no “labyrinth” opposite to normal trap seals that collect dirt, hair and grease.
Where can I install a GREEN DRAIN?
GREEN DRAIN™ can be installed in almost all types of floor drains. In new buildings as well as older buildings. Private houses as well as industrial use with only small limitations. Examples of commonplaces:
- Office Buildings
- Public Buildings
Is GREEN DRAIN approved and tested by accredited institutions?
GREEN DRAIN™ has been approved or tested by the following institutions – among others:
- Technological Institute – DS/EN 1253-1
- ETA Denmark – VA approval
- ICC IPC – via ASSE Standard 1072
Is GREEN DRAIN easy to install?
GREEN DRAIN™ can be installed without the use of tools after the grating has been removed. Just push the GREEN DRAIN™ into the pipe and make sure it fits.
How does GREEN DRAIN work?
The product has a flexible silicone membrane that lets the water run freely through and instantly hereafter closes and seals as soon as the water stops flowing.
Why choose GREEN DRAIN?
Our product seals 100% and closes for odours and prevents pests and harmful gases from entering the building.
Does GREEN DRAIN replace a traditional water trap seal?
It replaces a traditional trap seal contributing numerous advantages:
- Improves indoor air quality due to no sewer smell and gases
- Prevents waste water penetration
- Office buildings
- Self-cleaning and does not block the water flow
- No dry water seals and resists vacuum in the drainage system
- Can GREEN DRAIN be installed horizontally and vertically?
- GREEN DRAIN™ contains no water and functions perfectly both horizontally and vertically.
Which materials are used to produce GREEN DRAIN?
GREEN DRAIN™ water-free membrane drain trap seal consists of a UV resistant ABS plastic frame, a silicone rubber sealant and four flexible sealing flanges for easy installation and perfect fit.
Can I install a GREEN DRAIN if I have P-trap in the ground?
GREEN DRAIN™ is NOT a traditional water trap and the fact that it does not contain water is still possible to install in combination with a P-trap.
What can damage or affect the Green Drain?
- Any products that are or do contain acid-based, bleach-based, chlorine and caustic soda. The following will damage the silicone of the Green Drain itself when poured on. You can try using our Green Gobbler & Enzyme Wizard range as they will not affect the Green Drain in any way possible.