Mosquito Control Trap – 4 Pack
Our Mosquito Control Pack is designed for the long term control of mosquitoes in our back yards. Proven highly effective at eliminating mosquitoes. This bite back mosquito trap was previously called the Mozzie Collector.
This Green Mosquito Reduction product has been scientifically proven to be 99% effective in reducing mosquito populations. The Mozzy Trap works with nature to help reduce the exponential growth of mosquitoes by mimicking their natural breeding areas and trapping the young, emerging mosquitoes. Since the traps are not mechanical devices and use no insecticides or poisons, they do not harm beneficial insects like honey bees and butterflies.
- Targets only mosquitoes – does not harm beneficial insects or the environment
- Covers up to 4000 metres or 1 acre of land
- Environmentally friendly- safe around kids and pets (uses no poisons!)
- Easy to use
- Safe to use around children and pets.
- Scientifically proven
Trap Assembly Instructions:
- Open up your box of traps and separate the various pieces.
- Locate the ascension barrier ( a clear round ring with 6 small cones on it)
- Next place the black funnel into the bucket and press on the sides to snap it in place. NB If the lip of the funnel does not touch the lip of the bucket when you put it in, the ascension barrier is probably upside down, or is not resting on the inside bucket ledge properly. Re-position if necessary.
- Locate the handle and snap the 2 ends into the handle notches located on the outer edge of the funnel. Now that your first trap is assembled, repeat the process for the 3 other traps.
- Using water from any source, fill the traps high enough to reach the rough area located on the inside top edge of the funnel. Each trap holds approximately 2.5 litres of water. We suggest that you check the water level every 2 weeks and replenish if necessary. Please note: If you need to add water to the traps more than once every 2 weeks, it is likely due to pets or wild animals drinking from the traps.
- Congratulations. You are now ready to place the traps as close to the corners of your property as you can, spacing them between 150 / 45metres and 200 feet / 60metres apart. We recommend placement in shady areas but not directly under bushes that shed leaves year-round. When placed directly under one of these bushes, the falling leaves tend to clog the trap opening and reduce its effectiveness. In approximately 4 weeks you should notice a reduction of mosquitoes in your yard. After approximately 6 weeks you should be able to enjoy your property without so many bothersome mosquitoes annoying you. We recommend you maintain your traps throughout the mosquito season to minimise re-infestation from mosquitoes living in neighbouring yards.
Need to kill flying insects for a larger property, consider our Large Area Insect Control Trap.
Mosquito Control Trap – Frequently Asked Questions
How high should I fill the Larvae Mosquito Trap with water?
A. Initially fill the trap to within 2.5cm (1 inch) of the top of the funnel. The mosquito trap works even when overflowing and also when water levels are low but
above the funnel opening.
How often should I change the water?
A. Mosquitoes prefer stagnant water so we suggest you limit changing the water to only once per mosquito season.
How many attractant tablets should I add and how often?
A. For best results, we recommend placing one tablet per month into the water in each trap.
What are the ingredients of the mosquito attractant?
A. Attractant contains Rice by-products, Dextrose Anhydrous, and Yeast.
How many Larvae traps do I need and how far apart do I place them?
A. Our research shows that 4 traps placed 60metres (200 feet) apart will cover 4000metres (1 acre) under normal conditions.
How long after I put the Bite Back Mosquito traps out will it take to see a significant reduction in the number of mosquitoes in my yard?
A. These traps work with nature to virtually eliminate the mosquito population in your yard during a 30-45 day period.
Can I buy less than 4 traps?
A. Currently, the Mosquito Control Traps are only sold in boxes of 4. We suggest small lots that you share with your neighbour to improve your coverage area.
Do you ship to countries outside of Australia?
A. Yes. Please contact us for applicable shipping charges.