Mosquito Control Trap – 4 Pack
Our Mosquito Control Trap is designed for the long-term control of mosquitoes in our backyards. Proven highly effective at eliminating mosquitoes. This bite back mosquito trap was previously called the Mozzie Collector.
This Green Mosquito Reduction product has been scientifically proven to be 99% effective in reducing mosquito populations. The Mozzie Trap works with nature to help reduce the exponential growth of mosquitoes by mimicking their natural breeding areas and trapping the young, emerging mosquitoes. The attractant tablets put off a sweet odour that the mosquito interprets as micronutrients for her young. They swim down to the lower section and lay eggs in the section above the openings.
The design of this trap encourages mosquitoes to lay eggs on the water and the semi-clear bucket attracts larvae to the sides and away from the trap opening. The trap opening at the bottom of the funnel encourages mosquitoes to enter but discourages exits. When the larvae need oxygen, they swim to the top of the trap and either can’t find their way out and drown or find their way through and can’t find their way back. The ones that make it out and grow into adult mosquitoes will die in about three days as they have no source of sugar. Since the traps are not mechanical devices and use no insecticides or poisons, they do not harm beneficial insects like honey bees and butterflies.
- Targets only mosquitoes – does not harm beneficial insects or the environment
- Covers up to 4000 metres or 1 acre of land
- Environmentally friendly- safe around kids and pets (uses no poisons!)
- Easy to use
- Safe to use around children and pets.
- Scientifically proven
Trap Assembly Instructions:
- Open up your box of traps and separate the various pieces.
- Locate the ascension barrier ( a clear round ring with 6 small cones on it)
- Next place the black funnel into the bucket and press on the sides to snap it in place. NB If the lip of the funnel does not touch the lip of the bucket when you put it in, the ascension barrier is probably upside down, or is not resting on the inside bucket ledge properly. Re-position if necessary.
- Locate the handle and snap the 2 ends into the handle notches located on the outer edge of the funnel. Now that your first trap is assembled, repeat the process for the 3 other traps.
- Using water from any source, fill the traps high enough to reach the rough area located on the inside top edge of the funnel. Each trap holds approximately 2.5 litres of water. We suggest that you check the water level every 2 weeks and replenish it if necessary. Please note: If you need to add water to the traps more than once every 2 weeks, it is likely due to pets or wild animals drinking from the traps.
- Congratulations. You are now ready to place the traps as close to the corners of your property as you can, spacing them between 150 / 45metres and 200 feet / 60metres apart. We recommend placement in shady areas but not directly under bushes that shed leaves year-round. When placed directly under one of these bushes, the falling leaves tend to clog the trap opening and reduce its effectiveness. In approximately 4 weeks you should notice a reduction of mosquitoes in your yard. After approximately 6 weeks you should be able to enjoy your property without so many bothersome mosquitoes annoying you. We recommend you maintain your traps throughout the mosquito season to minimise re-infestation from mosquitoes living in neighbouring yards.
Need to kill flying insects for a larger property, consider our Large Area Insect Control Trap.
Mosquito Control Trap – Frequently Asked Questions
How high should I fill the Larvae Mosquito Trap with water?
A. Initially fill the trap to within 2.5cm (1 inch) of the top of the funnel. The mosquito trap works even when overflowing and also when water levels are low but
above the funnel opening.
How often should I change the water?
A. Mosquitoes prefer stagnant water so we suggest you limit changing the water to only once per mosquito season.
How many attractant tablets should I add and how often?
A. For best results, we recommend placing one tablet per month into the water in each trap.
What are the ingredients of the mosquito attractant?
A. The attractant tablets contain Rice bran and Dextrose Anhydrous (glucose).
How many Larvae traps do I need and how far apart do I place them?
A. Our research shows that 4 traps placed 60metres (200 feet) apart will cover 4000metres (1 acre) under normal conditions.
How long after I put the Bite Back Mosquito traps out will it take to see a significant reduction in the number of mosquitoes in my yard?
A. These traps work with nature to virtually eliminate the mosquito population in your yard during a 30-45 day period.
Can I buy less than 4 traps?
A. Currently, the Mosquito Control Traps are only sold in boxes of 4. We suggest small lots that you share with your neighbour to improve your coverage area.
Do you ship to countries outside of Australia?
A. Yes. Please contact us for applicable shipping charges.
Have a look at the rest of our range of Mosquito Control Products.