Pigeon Trap – Foldable Bird Trap
Pestrol is happy to provide our new Pigeon Trap as a humane bird trapping control method.
This foldable bird trap is new to our range and the collapsible design allows for easy storage and transportation.
The trap is made of welded mesh and metal galvanized base.
- Size Set UP: 97cm x 62cm x 31cm
- Size Unfolded: 97cm x 62cm x 4cm
- Weighs – 7kg.
Pigeon Facts Australia
Pigeon Traps are most for many people and businesses looking for a solution. The feral pigeon (a rat with wings as commonly described in Australia) is a descendant of the domestic homing pigeons introduced to Australia from European settlers.
Feral pigeon numbers have increased and dominate the Australian urban landscape, agriculture and country towns due to the availability of:
- breeding sites that are secured
Pigeon control needs to be taken seriously to help rectify the feral pigeon problem before the problem gets out of control in Australia. Pestrol recommends a variety of humane bird control products for pigeons; including bird spikes and ultrasonic bird deterrents.
- They have a lifespan of 3 to 4 years in the wild and up to 16 years in captivity.
- Pigeons are monogamous.
- Eggs are white in colour and will hatch in 20 days.
- The young will leave the nest within 35 days.
- Pigeons don’t fly far from the place of birth.
Problems and health risks associated with Pigeons
- attracting ticks, cockroaches and rats
- building damage.
- monuments can get discoloured due to the corrosive nature of pigeon droppings.
- pigeon nesting can create gutters to clog, blockage to drains and potential fire risks.
- basic hygiene from pigeon droppings.
- increased risk for domestic and seabird populations through parasite transmission.
- cleaning costs and possible public liability due to increased slipping due to pigeon droppings.
How to Trap Pigeons? – Tips for using our trap.
For effective pigeon control and trapping, we recommend that you, pre-bait the area where feral pigeon trap is to be placed for several days before the trap is set. In Australia, we have found corn or dried bread should be used for bait. After the pigeons become familiar with the feeding location, place the pigeon trap there.
Bait the pigeon trap with a trail of grain on the outside of the trap and leading into the entrance door. Tie the one-way doors up with string and out of the way for a few days so that the pigeons get used to the bird trap. You are legally obliged to check your trap daily. Food, water, and shelter from weather conditions should also be considered for all trapped birds. Any trapped pigeons should be humanely dispatched. Freeing the birds in an alternative spot is not effective. Pigeons have a very strong homing instinct and they will return to their roosting site even from hundreds of miles.
You can only expect to effectively trap birds for a limited time. Pigeons are very intelligent and will soon recognize that the pigeon cage is a trap.
- Outside areas and indoor areas of warehouses
- airport hangers
- private dwellings
How to set up your Pigeon Trap:
As you will see from the video below. The bird trap comes flat packed.
- Remove the wrapping.
- Hold the trap from the top.
- The sides will fall into place.
- Set the trap on top of the galvanized metal base
- With the cable ties provided; secure the sides of the trap to the galvanized metal base.