Pestrol Tick Remover
Tick Removal has Never Been So Easy!
The Pestrol Tick Remover is the safe and effective tick removal product. Simple and easy to use, it gets rid of crawling or attached ticks fast.
Proper use: May be used in any direction, front, back or side, to remove ticks.
Once the tick has been isolated, is clearly visible and free from obstruction, place the wide part of the notch on the skin near the tick (hold skin taut if necessary).
Applying slight pressure downward on the skin, slide the remover forward so the small part of the notch is framing the tick. The continuous forward sliding motion of the remover detaches the tick. The tick is now entirely removed. Dispose of the tick or save for testing. Treat the wound as needed. Clean the tick remover with alcohol or similar disinfectant.
Physician and veterinarian endorsed, for adult and adult-supervised use, not a toy.
About ticks –
- Ticks find a host by sensing their breath (CO2), heat, as well as vibration using sense organs located on their front legs. –
- There are male and female ticks. After mating with the male, female ticks lay thousands of eggs and then die. From the eggs emerge larvae, which become nymphs and then adults.
- Approx 880 species are spread over the tempered zones around the world.
- They like warm areas with high humidity.
- Normally they sit at the tip on a stalk of grass waving its claw supplied front legs in search for a passing host. –
- In addition, the size is variable, depending on if the tick is empty or blood-engorged: but note that only the size of the abdomen changes; legs and shield’s size don’t vary. –
- The volume of blood ingested may be from 200 to 600 times their unfed body weight.
It’s important to remove ticks fixed in the skin as soon as possible because ticks can transmit serious diseases to animals and people.
- in people: rickettsiosis, Lyme’s disease, tick-borne encephalitis, tick-fever.
- in animals: babesiosis, ehrlichiosis and Lyme’s disease
- in the dog, babesiosis in the horse, haemobartonellosis
- in the cat, babesiosis and ehrlichiosis in the cattle.
- Trust Pestrol to help with Tick Removal.