Organic Fruit Fly Attractant Refill – Cera Trap 1L
Organic Fruit Fly Attractant Refill 1L- Cera Trap is the liquid food based attractant based on a specific protein formula developed exclusively by Bioiberica.
This product produces emissions of volatile compounds, which have a high attractiveness to adult fruit flies,especially females.
It is a highly effective liquid food based trapping system to assist in managing fruit fly populations.
The volatile compounds emitted by the trap are highly attractive to adult fruit flies with very little attractiveness to beneficial insects that may be in use.
The evaporation releases a series of volatile compounds, mostly amines and organic acids which attract the adult flies, especially females.
It is applied inside the trap (fly trap or bottles with holes) to facilitate the release of volatile components and trap the flies.
- Designed to target the Queensland fruit fly and the Mediterranean fruit fly
- Works on both genders, but targets females and breaks the breeding cycle
- The smell of the liquid lures the fruit fly into a specially designed trap
- Organic liquid does not contain any pesticides and will continue to work even when many flies have drowned in the liquid
- Certified for use in organic farming CAAE and by ECOCERT as input eligible for organic agriculture in the European Union.
The main crops affected by Ceratitis capitata are citrus fruits and fruit trees. Of these, the following species in particular:
Citrus fruits: Orange, mandarin, lemon, grapefruit.
Fruit trees: Peach, apricot, medlar, nectarine, cherry, plum, avocado, blueberry, fig, kaki, cherimoya, strawberry, pomegranate, kiwi, mango, apple, pear, quince, pineapple, banana, etc.
How to use:
It contains a unique protein based liquid solution that is very attractive to both female and male fruit flies. Once the lid is removed from the bottle, the smell of the liquid lures the fruit flies into the specially designed trap. Unable to escape they remain in the trap and drown in the liquid.
The organic liquid contains no pesticides and will continue to work even after many flies have drowned in the liquid.