Fruit Fly Attractant Refill – Cera Trap 5L
Fruit Fly Attractant Refill – Cera Trap 5L is the liquid food based attractant based on a specific protein formula developed exclusively by Bioiberica.
This product produces emissions of volatile compounds, which have a high attractiveness to adult fruit flies, especially females.
It is a highly effective liquid food based trapping system to assist in managing fruit fly populations.
The volatile compounds emitted by the trap are highly attractive to adult fruit flies with very little attractiveness to beneficial insects that may be in use.
The evaporation releases a series of volatile compounds, mostly amines and organic acids which attract the adult flies, especially females.
It is applied inside the trap (fly trap or bottles with holes) to facilitate the release of volatile components and trap the flies.
- Designed to target the Queensland fruit fly and the Mediterranean fruit fly
- Works on both genders, but targets females and breaks the breeding cycle
- The smell of the liquid lures the fruit fly into a specially designed trap
- The organic liquid does not contain any pesticides and will continue to work even when many flies have drowned in the liquid
- Certified for use in organic farming CAAE and by ECOCERT as input eligible for organic agriculture in the European Union.
How to use:
Use it before fruit flies start attacking the fruit. The trap should be hung in trees when the fruit are small and still developing. Ideally, hang the traps when fruit reaches approximately one third its final size. The traps should be hung on the northern side of the tree, at a height of approximately 1.5 metres and within the tree canopy. To reduce pest numbers it is essential to install the traps at least 45 days prior to fruit ripening.