Organic Fruit Fly Trap – Cera Trap
The Organic Fruit Fly Trap – Cera Trap is an innovative, highly effective method to assist in the management of fruit fly.
It contains a unique protein-based liquid solution that is very attractive to both female and male fruit fly. The volatile compounds emitted by the trap are highly attractive to adult fruit flies with very little attractiveness to beneficial insects that may be in use.
It doesn’t contain pheromones or insecticidal in its composition or in its mode of use.
- Designed to target the Queensland fruit fly and the Mediterranean fruit fly
- Works on both genders, but targets females and breaks the breeding cycle
- The smell of the liquid lures the fruit fly into a specially designed trap
- Organic liquid does not contain any pesticides and will continue to work even when many flies have drowned in the liquid
- Certified for use in organic farming CAAE and by ECOCERT as input eligible for organic agriculture in the European Union.
How to use:
Use before fruit flies start attacking the fruit. Organic Fruit Fly Trap – Cera Trap should be hung in trees when the fruit are small and still developing. Ideally, hang the traps when fruit reaches approximately one third its final size. The traps should be hung on the northern side of the tree, at a height of approximately 1.5 metres and within the tree canopy. To reduce pest numbers it is essential to install the traps at least 45 days prior to fruit ripening.