Fruit Tree Grease Bands
Fruit Tree Grease Bands prevents crawling pests from climbing fruit trees. Protects fruit and ornamental trees against female winter moths, caterpillars, ants and earwigs. The grease band simply provides an unpassable barrier that insects can no climb up and in the process protecting your trees and also without the use of harmful chemicals.
Prevents crawling pests from climbing trees with our latest grease bands that stop insects laying eggs and ultimately destroying your plants.
Pestrol has been selling DIY chemical-free pest control products and solutions for over 20 years Australia wide and we continue to increase our range into Plants and Garden chemical-free products.
- Poison-free, suitable for organic gardening.
- The insect prevention band will remain effective for up to 2 months.
- Stops moths before they have the chance to lay eggs, preventing problems later when the caterpillars will emerge to feed on the tree.
- Other harmful crawling insects will also be deterred, however, beneficial insects will not be affected as they are not attracted by the green colour.
- Poison Free – meaning that is can be used and is suitable for organic gardens.
- Waterproof adhesives.
Simply Tie the band to the tree trunk and secure with string (included).
Large 1.75-metre strip.
1. Remove any overhanging branches and nearby vegetation that are likely to cause a bridge over the band.
2. Unroll grease band and cut to required length, ensuring an extra 8cm overlap.
3. Peel off the protective sleeve on the band to expose the greased surface.
4. Wrap the band tightly around the trunk (no gap) about 45cm above soil level, ensuring the greased sider is facing outwards away from the bark.
5. Overlap the edges and secure the band in place at the top and bottom with the string provided.
6. Finally, cut the string ends so they are neatly short against the band and not hanging loose.
*Note – if using supporting tree stakes, these also need to have a grease band fitted.