Uplighter Insect Killer 15W
The D301 Uplighter Insect Killer is a high-performance alternative to Electric Insect Killers. When an alternative to electric insect killing grids is required, INSECT-O-MATIC has a complementary range of glueboard insect killers. This includes units which are discreetly attractive, being particularly appropriate in sensitive areas such as hotel lobbies and dining areas. They are silent in operation and exceptionally easy to maintain. The Uplighter Glueboard Insect Killer is effective against all flying insects including flies, fruit flies and moths.
Glueboard fly killers use UV light to attract flying insects to the unit, then use a glueboard to retain the flying insects. As the insect is caught and retained whole, glueboard flykillers are ideal for more sensitive environments. Glueboard fly killers are ideal for use in commercial front of house areas, commercial kitchens and industrial food preparation zones.
Glueboard Flykillers utilise ultraviolet tubes to attract flying insects into the product, before trapping them on a sticky glueboard. UV tubes attract flying insects by emitting a wavelength of light attractive to flies. Flying insects are attracted to the tube which emits UV at a level comparable to that of the sun, which the flying insect has a natural attraction to as a source of heat.
Designed for use in front of house areas, decorative flykillers discreetly protect areas which are highly visible to customers. Insects are attracted by UV light then retained with highly effective glueboards to ensure that flying insects are kept at bay. Ideal for large lobbies, bars and dining areas, the Uplighter is silent in operation, with caught insects hidden from view.
Ideal for front of house applications
Decorative units are ideal for use in restaurants, cafes, hotel lobbies, reception areas food service and dining areas.
Covering an area of up to 40 square metres, the Uplighter Glueboard Insect Killer is ideal for large lobbies, bars and dining areas. It is silent in operation and caught insects are hidden from view.
High Efficacy Synergetic UV Tubes – Patented technology with dual-wavelength output for an increased catch
Tool Free Maintenance – For ease of cleaning and lamp replacement – no loose fittings to misplace
Large Capacity Glueboards – With life-long adhesive – glueboards formulated to last up to 3 months
Approval – To EN60335-2-59 (Insect Killers Safety Standard)
Dimensions – 530mm x 153mm x 213mm
Coverage – 40m2
Tubes – 1 x 15 Watt (T15G)
Weight – 2.9kg
Code: 301W (White), 301S (Silver)
This unit plugs into a standard 240V Australian powerpoint.
TIPS FOR PLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
Every application is unique, so each situation requires an individual assessment for fly killer siting, however, there are basic principals that should be followed:
- Recommend enough Electric Fly Killers to cover the area to be protected in line with the recommended coverage guidelines for each model
- Install Electric Fly Killers away from sources of light competition, such as windows, doors and high powered luminaires
- Consider sources of heat and airflow, such as heaters / AC units
- Don’t install Electric Fly Killers directly above sensitive areas, such as food preparation areas
- Glue board fly killer units should be used in sensitive applications such as food preparation or production areas
- Consider access for installation and future servicing
- Wherever possible, Electric Fly Killers should be positioned at 90° to sources of natural light, such as windows, doors and skylights
- Electric Fly Killers should be positioned in between potential entry points, so as to intercept flying insects before they reach sensitive areas
- Electric Fly Killers should not be sited either too high or too low in the area to be protected, with an optimum height of around 2m, for most flying insect species