IND35 Commercial Fly Killer
Designed for commercial, factory and warehouse situations, the IND35 Commercial Fly Killer has shatterproof lamps as standard. Easy installation, suitable for wall mounting or free standing. Large capacity GLUPAC pheromone impregnated Glueboards incorporate UV stable glue for longer life and an increased catch.
The IND35 Commercial Fly Killer utilises ultraviolet tubes to attract flying insects into the product, before trapping them on a sticky glue board. UV tubes attract flying insects by emitting a wavelength of light attractive to flies. Flying insects are attracted to the tube which emits UV at a level comparable to that of the sun, which the flying insect has a natural attraction to as a source of heat.
Insects are attracted by UV light then caught with highly effective glue boards to ensure that flying insects are kept at bay.
IND35 Commercial Fly Killers use UV light to attract flying insects to the unit, then use a glue board to retain the flying insects. As the insect is caught and retained whole, glue board fly killers are ideal for more sensitive environments. IND35 Commercial Fly Killers are ideal for use in commercial front of house areas, commercial kitchens and industrial food preparation zones.
High Efficacy Shatterproof Synergetic® UV Tubes – Supplied with shatterproof lamps as standard for ‘glass-free’ areas. High performance Synergetic™ UVA-Green lamps, for enhanced insect attraction. Patented technology with dual wavelength output for an increased catch.
Quick, Tool-Free Access and Efficient Servicing – Tool-free maintenance for ease of cleaning and lamp replacement – no loose fittings to misplace
Mounting Options – Wall-mounted or freestanding
Robust Construction – All metal construction from Zintec steel with polyester powder coat finish. Large capacity Glueboards with long-life adhesive
Complete Peace of Mind – Five-year guarantee (excluding globes)
Dimensions – 510mm x 150mm x 235mm
Coverage – 80m2
Tubes – 2 x T15GS 15W Shatterproof
Glue Board – 1 x Glue Board ready for immediate use.
Weight – 6.5kg
This unit plugs into a standard 240V Australian power point.
TIPS FOR PLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
Every application is unique, so each situation requires an individual assessment for fly killer siting, however, there are basic principals that should be followed:
- Recommend enough Electric Fly Killers to cover the area to be protected in line with the recommended coverage guidelines for each model
- Install Electric Fly Killers away from sources of light competition, such as windows, doors and high powered luminaires
- Consider sources of heat and airflow, such as heaters / AC units
- Don’t install Electric Fly Killers directly above sensitive areas, such as food preparation areas
- Glue board fly killer units should be used in sensitive applications such as food preparation or production areas
- Consider access for installation and future servicing
- Wherever possible, Electric Fly Killers should be positioned at 90° to sources of natural light, such as windows, doors and skylights
- Electric Fly Killers should be positioned in between potential entry points, so as to intercept flying insects before they reach sensitive areas
- Electric Fly Killers should not be sited either too high or too low in the area to be protected, with an optimum height of around 2m, for most flying insect species