Selleys Roof and Gutter Silicone
Selleys Roof and Gutter Silicone is a neutral (non-acid) cure 100% silicone sealant for most building surfaces including metals, tile, cement sheeting, PVC and Colorbond® roofing. It is available in a range of colours to match your roof and gutters.
75g, 300g, 310g
Aluminium, Sheet Metal, Copper, Brass, Zinc, Galvanised Metals, Rigid PVC and most plastics including polystyrene, Rubber, Glass, Terracotta, Concrete, Glazed tiles, BlueScope Steel decorative sheet metals such as Lysaght Zincalume and COLORBOND.
How to use:
- Use in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Thoroughly clean and dry surface from oil, dirt and grease with mineral turps.
- Cut the seal at the top of the cartridge and cut the nozzle at a 45° angle, to the size of the gap opening.
- Fit the nozzle to the top of the cartridge and insert the cartridge into a caulking gun such as Selleys Light Speed Caulking gun.
- Hold the caulking gun at a 45° angle and gun sealant ahead of the nozzle ensuring the product is pushed into the joint.
- For a smooth finish, a tool with a spatula is dipped in soapy water. Clean up before sealant skins in 5-10 minutes, with a cloth dampened in mineral turps.
- The sealant will cure in 72 hours. At this point, any unneeded sealant can be removed by trimming with a sharp blade but avoid under-cutting the seal.
- For neater joints, mask sides before applying sealant and remove the tape before sealant skins.
- When first applying the product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of silicone sealant.
- For a better finish use, a spatula dipped in mineral turps or soapy water to tool off the sealant.
- Work in sections that can be completed before sealant skins. Tooling off and tape removal must be completed before skinning occurs or a rough surface may result, so working in sections allows for a better finish.
- If there is old silicone that needs to be removed, we recommend using Selleys Silicone Remover, this ingenious product makes removing old silicone easy.
Where can this product be used?
- Metal and tile roofing
- All metal lap-joint waterproofing
- Colorbond roofs and fences
- Guttering and flashings
- Vents and downpipes
- Weatherproofing caravans and trucks
- Copper, brass and zinc
What materials is this product suitable for?
Aluminium, sheet metal, copper, brass, zinc, galvanised metals, rigid PVC and most plastics including polystyrene, rubber, glass, terracotta, concrete, glazed tiles, Bluescope steel decorative sheet metals such as Lysaght Zincalume and COLORBOND
- UV and weather-resistant
- Superior waterproof seal – superior adhesion and resistance to lifting, provides a long-lasting, flexible seal
- Non-corrosive neutral cure formula.
- Has superior flexibility +/- 25% movement capability
- Temperature resistance – approximately -60°C +150°C
- Suitable for contact with drinking water – complies with AS/NZS 4020
- 25-year guarantee* against crumbling, cracking and peeling away
- Available in a range of Colorbond® colours to make it easier to select the right colour for the job
- Cured sealant at the area to volume ratios up to 2500mm2/L