Single Catch Rat Trap
The Pestrol Single Catch Rat Trap offers effective solutions for humanely trapping troublesome rats & mice.
Suitable for the capture of Rats & Mice.
Humane Way offers effective solutions for humanely trapping troublesome rats & mice. Our rat & mouse traps are safe for both humans and animals and are quickly becoming the most trusted name in pest control solutions. All Humane Way rat & mouse traps are built to tough, professional standards and offer the highest quality features including:
- 22.5 x 15 x 11cm weighs 332g
- Safely captures troublesome rats & mice without injury
- No need to use rodent bait, rat bait or mouse bait
- Extremely simple baiting and operation
- Unfolds in minutes – no tools required Easy to bait, set and release
- Made from durable wire with a matte finish for extra strength and corrosion resistance
The Pestrol Single Catch Rat Trap arrives pre-assembled and is ready for immediate use. Our focus is to provide you a way to catch, transport and release your rats & mice while keeping you and your unwanted pests safe.
For trapping of larger animals such as possums or feral cats, we recommend the Pestrol Possum Trap or the Pestrol Feral Trap.
HOW TO TRAP RATS & MICE
- Make sure you correctly identify the type of rodent prior to the setting of the Rat & Mouse Trap. Different species of rats & mice have differing habits. Dead rats & mice in inaccessible places can cause problems with decomposing odour and/ or blowflies. Determining the type of rodent can usually be worked out from their damage, odour and droppings. Droppings of about 18mm in length indicate the Norway Rat, 12mm for the Roof Rat and 3-4mm for the house mouse.
- The following signs should always be investigated to confirm rat and mouse presence prior to use of the Rat & Mouse Trap:
- Runways, showing greasy patches on furniture and walls from the mouse fur
- Urine stains on surfaces of floors and cupboards
- The disappearance and/or nibbling of food
- Noise, often at night, which includes squeaking and fighting
- Nests behind furniture or cupboards made of paper and rags, sometimes snail shells
- Select the mouse trap which is most suitable for the problem.
- Place Rat & Mouse Trap on or very near runways, but not near food or places accessible to children or pets. Rat & Mouse Trap should never be set in hazardous locations (eg. above foods or food preparation surfaces), to avoid contamination by urine, droppings or blood.
- Bait the Rat & Mouse Trap using an attractant such as bacon, nuts, peanut butter, apple. The most attractive bait may depend on the particular eating habits of the mice in each particular situation. You may have to experiment in the beginning with a variety of different baits to find out which is most suitable.
- Record the placement of Rat & Mouse Traps so that all Rat & Mouse Traps are removed when the control program is complete. Rat & Mouse Traps should be checked at least daily.
- Wear gloves when handling dead mice and/or used the Rat & Mouse Trap. Dispose of a dead mouse in the rubbish.
- Carefully wash used and contaminated Rat & Mouse Trap.
BENEFITS OF TRAPPING
The use of Rat & Mouse Traps can be preferred over the use of chemical control methods, such as poisons, for a variety of reasons including:
- For mouse control in premises where inaccessible dead mice cannot be tolerated
- For mouse control in premises where chemical pesticides are not tolerated
- For cleaning up remaining ‘bait shy’ mice after a baiting program
- Trapped mice can be easily disposed of once trapped
- No risk of non-target animals such as cats, dogs, possums eating rodent poisons
- No risk of mice dying and decomposing in inaccessible locations
- Rat & Mouse Traps are simple to bait and set in one motion
- Rat & Mouse Traps are compact and so can be set in tight places such as in cupboards, behind appliances, under pallets, etc.
PESTROL’S GUIDE TO RATS AND MICE!
Do you have an infestation?
Rats are nocturnal and usually hide from humans, so the typical signs to look for in the home and garden are:
- Scratching noises in walls, under the floor or under decking as rats scurry around looking for food.
- Droppings – rats leave dark, tapered (sausage-shaped) droppings about 1 – 2cm long.
- Distinctive smell – rats leave an ammonia-like smell that will be particularly strong in enclosed areas such as under cupboards, in loft spaces, garages, sheds or under the decking.
- Damage – rats have teeth that grow continuously and gnaw on wood, plastic and even mild steel to keep them trim. Rats can even cause fires by chewing through cables and wiring.
- Ripped food packaging – rats will tear open all types of packaging to find food which may leave teeth marks.
- Nests – rats build nests in warm, hidden places using shredded material such as newspaper, plastic and fabrics. Nests will often contain young rats.
- Burrows – In gardens, rats will dig burrows especially in compost heaps or under sheds. They will also build nests under garden decking.
Why do you need to get rid of rats/mice?
Rats pose a significant health risk to humans and our pets. Common diseases carried by rats include Salmonella, Weil’s disease, E.coli, Cryptosporidiosis and Tuberculosis.
Rats also carry fleas, mites and ticks and can cause acute allergic reactions.
How to create the first defence against rats and mice?
The first defence against a rat infestation is to proof your home. Young rats can get through holes of less than 1cm, so it is important to seal any holes and fit bristle strip around doors.
It is important not to attract rats with food – store food in a strong airtight plastic or metal containers and regularly clean under cookers and fridges.
In the garden, ensure household refuse is kept in closed bins, do not put meat into compost heaps and use squirrel-proof bird feeders, clearing up any food that is spilt. If you have pets in the garden, ensure food bowls are removed after feeding.
Rats can also come up from sewers through broken pipes – it is important to ensure that all pipe-work is kept in good order.
Why DIY Products?
DIY products are cost-effective and work well against rats and mice, please look at our entire range of traps and repellers to ensure you keep your family safe all year round.
Check out Pestrol’s full range of Rodent Control Products