Selleys Liquid Nails Direct Stick – 700g Sausage
Selleys Liquid Nails Direct Stick – 700g Sausage is moisture curing polyurethane-based adhesive. Ideal for use in multi-level dwellings to limit impact noise transmission through timber overlay flooring. Bonding timber overlay, parquet and composite flooring, timber, MDF particle board and concrete.
- Meets Total VOC Limits required by Green Building Council of Australia IEQ – 13.2 (V3 2008) for wood flooring adhesives
- Low odour
- Superior bond strength
- Cures rapidly
- Good wet grab an initial hold
- Designed to expand (high-density foam) to maximise the bond footprint
- Sanding can be done the next day
- Low slump – thixotropic product
- No TDI
- Suitable for use in an acoustic timber flooring system. Liquid Nails Direct Stick is ideal for use in multi-level dwellings to limit impact noise transmission through timber overlay flooring.
- Suitable for wide boards.
How to use:
The following should only be used as a guide and the installer should apply all Australian Standards, BCA/NZBC requirements, and best practices when installing a timber floor with Liquid Nails Direct Stick.
- All surfaces should be clean, structurally sound and level to 3mm in 3m. Out of level floors will increase the risk of hollow spots under strip timber overlay
- Liquid Nails VBS Vapour Barrier is recommended over concrete before applying Liquid Nails Direct Stick to prevent moisture migration and subsequent swelling of the timber overlay. The moisture content of the slab should be <5.5%, and moisture vapour transmission <15g/m2 per 24hr.
- Concrete slabs must be built by AS2870-1996 and have a finish equivalent to that obtained when using a steel trowel.
- Grind concrete to remove high spots, surface contaminants and weak surface layers
- Sand timber substrates to remove contaminants such as old glue or surface finishes and flatten any raised joints.
- Scoop or pour adhesive from the pail (or squeeze from the sausage) to the application surface. Only spread as much adhesive as you can cover in 20 minutes
- Only use the trowel recommended for strip flooring. This provides the optimal spacing and height for adhesive ridges for bridging any gaps between overlay and sub-floor and wetting onto the underside of the boards and helps the foaming compensate for slightly uneven surfaces. Refer to Technical Data Sheet for recommended trowel size and coverage.
- Lay the timber overlay onto the prepared adhesive with a minimum of sideways movement using adequate pressure to ensure adhesive contact on each board.
- Fastening (or weighting) is recommended to secure timber during curing.
Have a look at the rest of our Selleys Product Range.