FlyTrap Commercial – 30W
FlyTrap Commercial Glueboard Fly Killer utilises ultraviolet tubes to attract flying insects into the product, before trapping them on a sticky glueboard. UV tubes attract flying insects by emitting a wavelength of light attractive to flies. Flying insects are attracted to the tube which emits UV at a level comparable to that of the sun, which the flying insect has a natural attraction to as a source of heat.
FlyTrap Commercial Glueboard Fly Killers are designed for use in front of house areas, decorative flykillers discreetly protect areas which are highly visible to customers. Insects are attracted by UV light then retained with highly effective glueboards to ensure that flying insects are kept at bay.
FlyTrap Commercial Glueboard Fly Killers are ideal for use in restaurants, cafes, hotel lobbies, reception areas food service and dining areas.
Glueboard fly killers use UV light to attract flying insects to the unit, then use a glueboard to retain the flying insects. As the insect is caught and retained whole, glueboard fly killers are ideal for more sensitive environments. Glueboard fly killers are ideal for use in commercial front of house areas, commercial kitchens and industrial food preparation zones.
- Unique Patented Glueboard Technology – Designed for use with GLUPAC® pheromone impregnated glueboards with UV stabiliser
- High efficacy Synergetic UV tubes – Patented technology with dual-wavelength output for an increased catch
- Three way mounting for flexible installation – Choice of ceiling suspended, slimline wall or discreet wall mounting
- Independent certification – Independently tested and certified to RoHS and all relevant European Standards
- Market leading design – Contemporary British design. Robust all-metal construction.
- Dimensions – 160mm x 475mm x 355mm
- Coverage – 80m2
- Tubes – 2 x 2 x TVX15-18
- Glue Board – 1 x glue board for immediate use.
- Weight 4.0kg
- Code: ZF002
This unit plugs into a standard 240V Australian power point.
TIPS FOR PLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
Placement of the FlyTrap Commercial Glueboard Fly Killer is an area that is frequently misunderstood and there are a few simple points to observe.
- Firstly the height at which FlyTrap Commercial units are to be installed is important in terms of efficiency. As a general rule the higher up they are the less effective. In a working environment, the ideal height would be between two and two and a half metres from the ground. At this height, the risk of the fly killer units being damaged by moving trolleys or forklift trucks is reduced whilst maintaining maximum efficiency. They will also be easier to clean and maintain.
- The ideal location is at right angles to the major light source in the room.
- FlyTrap Commercial units must not be sited so that the light source is obscured (if flying insects cannot see it the unit will not be very effective).
- The site between potential entry points and production areas to intercept pests before they reach sensitive areas.
- Do not rely on the area of coverage of a particular FlyTrap Commercial unit as the only criteria for choosing and installing fly killers. There are several factors that need to be considered before deciding on the appropriate number and size of units to be installed. These would include the number of entry points including doors, windows and any other openings for instance for pipework or extractor fans. What is the volume of human traffic through the area to be protected? What would be the normal flying insect population? What is being produced? And where is the facility located? If it is close by a lake or a rubbish tip then there will be a greater risk than if the facility is in the middle of an industrial estate.
- FlyTrap Commercial units should not be installed in areas where they can be affected by air currents. Avoid areas close to air conditioning vents or where draughts may be a problem. This is because flying insects, on the whole, do not like moving air and Edge units placed in these areas may be less efficient.
- FlyTrap Commercial units are often placed directly in front of doorways – the logic of the installer being that this is where the insects enter and so they will be more easily caught. In fact, this will only encourage insects to enter and make the problem worse. It is better to install FlyTrap Commercial units off to the side of doorways ensuring as much as possible that the light does not shine out of the open door.
- Never ever install FlyTrap Commercial units of any description directly above a processing line or food preparation area. The Ultra Violet lamps are highly attractive to flying insects and will attract insects to those areas. Better to install the Edge units away from sensitive areas to attract the insects and kill them away from the critical areas to be protected.
- Don’t forget to change the lamps every 12 months – preferably just before the start of the fly season.