Allure Fly Zapper
Allure Fly Zapper s a device that attracts and kills flying insects that are attracted by light. A light source attracts insects to an electrical grid, where they are electrocuted by touching two wires with a high voltage between them. The name stems from the characteristic zap sound produced when an insect is electrocuted.
Allure Fly Zapper utilises ultraviolet tubes to attract flying insects into the product, before zapping them dead on a high voltage killing grid. UV tubes attract flying insects by emitting a wavelength of light attractive to flies. Flying insects are attracted to the tube which emits UV at a level comparable to that of the sun, which the flying insect has a natural attraction to as a source of heat.
Once the flying insect has been killed, an Allure Fly Zapper will retain the dead insect in a catch tray to allow hygienic disposal.
Allure Fly Zappers are ideal for use in the commercial backroom, a commercial front of the house and industrial backroom areas.
The Allure Fly Zapper is proven to have 60% greater UV light output than traditional electric fly zapper.
With an innovative open-top design to maximise light output of the Synergetic UV tubes, the Allure Fly Zapper releases light from the back, sides and top of the unit, creating 67% more useful UV light output than traditional fly zapper units utilising the same power UV tubes.
The Allure Fly Zapper features a patented Z-shaped killing grid which provides a 20% larger fly killing area, ensuring that the unit easily copes with the increased number of flies attracted by the greater light output. Designed with serviceability in mind, the killing grid, deep catch tray and UV tubes are easily cleaned and maintained whilst the tool-free, drop down guard, also holds the catch tray during servicing making the unit quick and easy to service.
Independent tests show that the Allure Fly Zapper attracted 448% more flies than the leading traditional 30-watt unit.
Perfect for killing flies, fruit flies, drain flies, bar flies, moths and other flying insects in food production and processing situations.
- Innovative design – ensuring the maximum output for UV light
- Innovative open-top design – Maximum possible UV light output for increased efficacy
- Unique electrical grid – 20% larger area for greater efficiency
- Easy to use catch tray – Large capacity for caught insects
- High-efficiency Synergetic UV tubes – Patented technology with dual-wavelength output for an increased catch
- Tool-free, swing down front guard – For simple and quick servicing, with full access to consumable parts
- Three-way mounting for flexible installation – Simple wall, ceiling or desk mounting with no extra parts
- Backed by Pestrol’s 30-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty
Dimensions – 305mm x 590mm x 120mm
Coverage – 120m2
Tubes – 2 x 15 Watt
Weight – 5.2kg
Placement of the Allure is an area that is frequently misunderstood and there are a few simple points to observe.
Firstly the height at which Allure units are to be installed is important in terms of efficiency. As a general rule the higher up they are the less effective. In a working environment, the ideal height would be between two and two and a half metres from the ground. At this height, the risk of the units being damaged by moving trolleys or forklift trucks is reduced whilst maintaining maximum efficiency. They will also be easier to clean and maintain.
The ideal location is at right angles to the major light source in the room.
Allure units must not be sited so that the light source is obscured (if flying insects cannot see it the unit will not be very effective).
The site between potential entry points and production areas to intercept pests before they reach sensitive areas.
Do not rely on the area of coverage of a particular unit as the only criteria for choosing and installing Allure. There are several factors that need to be considered before deciding on the appropriate number and size of units to be installed. These would include the number of entry points including doors, windows and any other openings for instance for pipework or extractor fans. What is the volume of human traffic through the area to be protected? What would be the normal flying insect population? What is being produced? And where is the facility located? If it is close by a lake or a rubbish tip then there will be a greater risk than if the facility is in the middle of an industrial estate.
Allure should not be installed in areas where they can be affected by air currents. Avoid areas close to air conditioning vents or where draughts may be a problem. This is because flying insects on the whole do not like moving air and units placed in these areas may be less efficient.
Allure units are often placed directly in front of doorways – the logic of the installer is that this is where the insects enter and so they will be more easily caught. In fact, this will only encourage insects to enter and make the problem worse. It is better to install units off to the side of doorways ensuring as much as possible that the light does not shine out of the open door.
Never ever install Allure units directly above a processing line or food preparation area. The Ultra Violet lamps are highly attractive to flying insects and will attract the insects to those areas. Better to install the units away from sensitive areas to attract the insects and kill them away from the critical areas to be protected.
Don’t forget to change the lamps every 12 months – preferably just before the start of the fly season.
CONTENTS OF PACKAGE
- 1 x Allure™flykiller
- 1 x Mains cable (Type X)
- 2 x High powered UV tubes (Fitted)
- 1 x Removable catch tray (Fitted)
- 2 x Wall mounting screws and wall plugs
- 2 x Suspension keyrings
TIPS FOR PLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
Every application is unique, so each situation requires an individual assessment for fly killer siting, however, there are basic principals that should be followed:
- Recommend enough Electric Fly Killers to cover the area to be protected in line with the recommended coverage guidelines for each model
- Install Electric Fly Killers away from sources of light competition, such as windows, doors and high powered luminaires
- Consider sources of heat and airflow, such as heaters / AC units
- Don’t install Electric Fly Killers directly above sensitive areas, such as food preparation areas
- Glue board fly killer units should be used in sensitive applications such as food preparation or production areas
- Consider access for installation and future servicing
- Wherever possible, Electric Fly Killers should be positioned at 90° to sources of natural light, such as windows, doors and skylights
- Electric Fly Killers should be positioned in between potential entry points, so as to intercept flying insects before they reach sensitive areas
- Electric Fly Killers should not be sited either too high or too low in the area to be protected, with an optimum height of around 2m, for most flying insect species