Yates Budget Lawn Seed Mix
Yates Budget Lawn Seed Mix is one of the recent products we have added to our range of gardening products. It is a strong, economical and quick growing lawn seed mix that is soft in texture and green colour. It is a tough formulation that is quick to germinate can be used both for sowing a new lawn or repairing an older one. It contains a mix of active ingredients that is good for your lawn.
- Annual Ryegrass 50% by seed weight
- Perennial Ryegrass 48% by seed weight
- Creeping Red Fescue 2% by seed weight
- The blend contains 30% (by weight) bentonite
Directions for use:
- Spray the area to be sown with a glyphosate weed killer to kill existing weeds and grasses.
- After they have died, rake to remove all dead weeds, stones and debris.
- Prepare the soil by digging to a depth of 10-15cm and rake the ground to establish a fine texture.
- Contour the area as required then tread lightly to firm up the ground.
- Apply a lawn starter fertiliser at recommended rates and rake in.
- Divide the amount of seed to be sown in half.
- Sow the first half in a north-south direction and the second half in an east-west direction to ensure an even result and lightly rake over.
- Keep newly sown lawn damp at all times by watering regularly with a fine mist spray to ensure seed germinates.
- Allow the new lawn to grow 7cm then mow lightly and continue for 3-4 weeks. For subsequent mowing set the mower to the desired height.
- When a lawn is more than 6 weeks old, fertiliser with a quality lawn fertiliser.
Note: Optimum time for sowing in autumn and spring.
- Sows 35m2 of a new lawn, 70m2 when oversowing.
- Strong formulation
- Can be used either for sowing a new lawn or repairing those worn patches
- Quick germination of economical blend
- Soft in texture and rich in colour