Selleys Kwik Grip Gel Adhesive
Selleys Kwik Grip Gel Adhesive is a great adhesive to use on vertical surfaces due to its Gel-like texture. This product forms water and heat-resistant bond on vertical surfaces that are large, close-fitting and large. Achieve a durable bond without any dripping. Use Xylene to remove the uncured product. Sand or scrape off the cured product.
How to Use:
- Ensure the surfaces are clean and dry. If cutting laminate sheets, cut slightly oversized.
- Apply to both surfaces and spread evenly ensuring surfaces are completely covered. Keep surfaces apart until adhesive is almost dry – approximately 20 minutes, no more than 40 minutes.
- Position items carefully, still keeping surfaces apart with dowels. When edges are perfectly aligned, remove dowels, and working from one edge, press surfaces firmly together. Grabs immediately on contact.
- Secure the bond by running a roller over the bonded surfaces or by hammering the surface from the centre outwards using a padded block. Maximum bond strength is reached after 24 hours. Clamping of warped or curled surfaces may be necessary.
Wet Bonding – Small areas or porous surfaces
- Ensure surfaces are clean and dry.
- Apply to one surface, then bring surfaces together and clamp until dry.
- Heat resistant up to 130°C
- Suitable for interior and exterior jobs
- Cured adhesive is resistant to dilute acids and alkalis
- Immediate set on contact. Maximum strength after 24 hours
- Thicker consistency prevents running or stringing
- Easy to spread by brush and ideal for use on vertical surfaces
Materials to use on:
- Laminated plastics (Laminex, Formica)
- Compressed board
- Ensure compatibility with materials to be bonded, test on an inconspicuous area or confirm with the materials manufacturer.
- Care should be taken to test plastics before use as solvents present will attack some grades such as polystyrene and sheet vinyl.
- Keep container sealed when not in use.
- Coverage – up to 5 square metres/litre (bonded area 2.5 square metres/litre) depending on porosity of surfaces and thickness of applications.
- Clean Up while wet. Adhesive can be removed using mineral turps. Cured adhesive is very difficult to remove. Tools and other equipment may be cleaned by soaking in Toluol or lacquer thinner. The excess adhesive on the face of the jointed materials may also be removed with solvent, but care should be taken that the materials themselves are not damaged by the solvent.
- Contains highly flammable solvent and care should be taken to ensure all fire precautions are observed.
- Suitable for porous materials but not for rough, ill-fitting surfaces.
- Ensure contents are completely dry before disposing of them.
- Do not store below 10C as the product will become thick. To return to normal consistency heat to room temperature (25C) and stir thoroughly.
- *Not for polyethylene or polypropylene plastics.
- Cannot be used for application in temperatures below 10°C.
Available in 400g, 800g and 3.2Kg.
Have a look at the rest of our Selleys Range.