Selleys Roof & Gutter Spray Seal 315g
Selleys Roof & Gutter Spray Seal 315g is a UV and weather-resistant sealant. It is suitable to be used for aluminium, sheet metal, copper, brass, galvanised iron, brick, terracotta, concrete and glazed tiles. It seals and stops leaks for fine cracks and holes over larger surface areas.
Selleys Roof & Gutter Spray Seal 315g inhibits rust and corrosion under sealed areas and it is rain-ready in 2 hours. The surface becomes paintable after 24 hours with water-based paint.
Aluminium, Sheet Metal, Copper, Brass, Galvanised Iron, Rigid PVC, Brick, Terracotta, Concrete, Glazed tiles
Can be used for:
- Colorbond roofs, metal and tiled roofing
- Guttering and downpipes
- Skylights and flashing
How to use:
For hairline cracks:
- Hold can 30cm away and prime surface with a light coat. Allow drying for 15 minutes.
- Apply a thicker coat in an even sweeping motion.
- Allow drying for at least 15 minutes before applying another thicker coat. For best results apply at least 2 thick coats.
For thicker cracks up to 2mm wide:
- Hold can 20cm away, spray along the crack.
- Allow to dry and thicken for 10 minutes before tooling and forcing product into the crack.
- Tool away any excess and repeat if necessary.
For sealing holes:
- Cut two pieces of self-adhesive mesh (found inside the cap) slightly larger than the hole and place over the hole with the second piece placed over the first piece at an angle.
- Hold can 15cm away from the surface and apply at an angle on and around the mesh.
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes and check if there aren’t any gaps.
- Repeat if necessary.
- The repair will be rain-ready in 2 hours.
- Sealant is paintable with water-based paint once completely cured, at least 24 hours.
- Use in a well-ventilated area.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Surfaces must be clean.
- Remove any pooled water and loose rust.
- If required, protect surrounding areas by masking.
- May be incompatible with some plastics eg. Polystyrene.
- If in doubt, test on an inconspicuous area.
- Do not apply below 10°C.
- Allow active leaks to stop before application, and protect from rain until sealer dries.
- UV resistant
- Waterproof seal
- Inhibits rust and corrosion under the sealed area
- Rain ready in 2 hours
- Paintable after 24 hours with water-based paint