Selleys Autofix Kwik Grip Contact Adhesive – 50ml
Selleys Autofix Kwik Grip Contact Adhesive – 50ml is a solvent-based polychloroprene contact adhesive that can be used to bond absorbent and non-absorbent surfaces. When two treated surfaces come into contact with each other under pressure, it forms an instant bond.
- Where a strong, instant bond is necessary.
- The product is water-resistant but not waterproof so should not be used on any surfaces constantly in contact with water.
- Cannot be used for products that come in direct contact with any hot liquids.
- Surfaces to be bonded need to fit closely.
- Bonds glass and any alkaline surface only temporarily.
- Not recommended for highly porous surfaces.
- To set faster, use adhesive sparingly.
Can be used on:
- veneers of wood
- laminated plastics
- bench and table tops made of Laminex and Formica
- Vertical surfaces and locations where clamping or pressing equipment is either unavailable or difficult to use
How to use:
- Check that the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry, and free of oil, grease, waxes, or polishes.
- Bonded surfaces should be relatively smooth and/or close fitting.
- Both surfaces should be completely covered with adhesive and separated for no more than 40 minutes until ‘touch dry.’
- Place the items with care, keeping the surfaces apart. When the edges are perfectly aligned, firmly press the surfaces together.
- Secure the bond by rolling it over the bonded surfaces or hammering it from the centre outwards with a padded block.
- When joining small surface areas, a wet bond may be used. Simply apply it to one surface, then clamp the surfaces together until dry.
Check out our other Sealants and Adhesives.