DT Brown Superfood Vegetables Seed Bundle
The DT Brown Superfood Vegetables Seed Bundle has 5 amazing super veggies that will elevate the way you eat at home. Whether it is the amazing leafy greens or the delicious beetroot, every ingredient is easy to grow and easy to cook. Get started on super gardening today.
The Bundle comes with:
- Okra seeds: This vigorous vegetable adds a distinct flavour to any dish. Eaten best fried or par-boiled, Okra can also be added to stews and soups. If taken care of, it produces a heavy crop. Sow 6mm (quarter-inch) deep in seed tray or punnet, in seed raising mix or compost. Keep moist. Thin out and transplant into final position when about 10cm (4in) tall. Space plants 50-60cm (20-24in) apart. Prepare the soil well by adding organic material and complete fertiliser.
- Beetroot Detroit seeds: Use well-cultivated soil for this versatile variety of Beetroot. Ideal to eat fresh, pickled or cooked, these Beetroots have a great flavour and grow very easily. Sow 1in (2.5cm) deep in rows 1ft (30cm) apart. Keep soil moist. Sow thinly and repeat at intervals for succession. Thin out to 4in (10cm) when large enough to handle. Harvest: Don’t cut leaves but twist them off as this will prevent bleeding.
- Spinach English Medania seeds: A great modern variety of Spinach, this Spinach produces a plentiful, reliable crop of thick, dark green leaves. Best to plant between autumn and winter. Plant 15mm deep direct where they are to grow. Cover lightly with seed raising mix, firm down and keep moist. Each plant will keep producing for up to 4 weeks. Likes free draining soil with high organic content. Grow rapidly with plenty of water and fertiliser.
- Silver beet Fordhook seeds: A very popular leafy vegetable in Europe and Australia, this variety of Silver beet grows easily and provides a continuous crop through the year. The stalks can be cooked and eaten like celery and the leaves can be eaten like spinach. Best planted through early spring to early autumn. Drop a few seeds every 40cm (16in) in rows 12mm (half-inch) deep and 30cm (1ft) apart. Thin out to one plant every 40cm (16in). Keep well watered.
- Pak Choi seeds: Pak Choi is the best vegetable for anyone that loves Asian food. A quick and easy to grow vegetable that loves the sun, Pak Choi tastes great added to a stir-fry or noodle/rice dish.