BioTrap Female Fruit Fly Attractant Gel 250ml
How to Use:
- Squeeze 50-60 mL of Gel into the base of the trap
- Add one Biotrap DDVP cube and place the trap within the tree preferably on the eastern side at a height of approximately 1.5 meters.
- The trap should be inspected weekly to monitor fruit fly activity, particularly in the fruit-bearing period.
- The traps will attract Fruit Flies particularly the female during egg laying, therefore it is important to install traps early at least 6 weeks prior to fruit ripening.
Directions for Use:
- For domestic or backyard install one trap for every 15 sq. meter, and place traps in trees exposed to the early morning sun.
- For commercial orchards, place traps every 15 meters around the perimeter of the ripening crop, ensure to place traps at least 6 weeks prior to fruit ripening.
- Additional traps can be employed throughout the crop but it is important to protect the boundaries.
- The Biotrap Attractant Gel and trapping system provide an effective monitoring system when used with male traps. Protein bait spraying will support this system.
- Every three months, replace or replenish the traps. Weekly during the season, fortnightly-monthly during the off-season, check traps frequently for fruit fly activity.
- Avoid contaminating the outer surface of the trap with the Gel as this will attract the flies to this area.
- Avoid contact with eyes. Wash gel from hands if in contact.
Browse through the rest of our Traps and Repellents.