Tomato Bio Pot Kit
The Tomato Bio Pot Kit comes with everything you’ll need to get started growing tomatoes. It comes with a colourful biodegradable bamboo pot, seeds and soil pellets. Grow and reap what you sow with these vibrant all-in-one kits!
These colourful and elegant pots will look great on any home or office windowsill.
Instructions for growing:
1) Remove all contents from the pot and add the recommended amount of warm water to the soil pellets in a separate bowl. Allow the soil pellets to soak in the water and expand. Continue to add water until the pellets are completely expanded & the soil appears fluffy.
2) Once the soil has cooled down transfer most of it back into the pot, filling the pot to approximately 1.5cm from the brim. Leave a couple of spoonfuls of soil for later use.
3) Fluff the soil in the pot with a fork, then sprinkle your seeds evenly across the soil surface. Cover the seeds with a very fine layer (5mm) of your leftover soil.
4) Place the pot in a light position but avoid direct sunlight until the seeds have germinated.
5) Once seedlings appear, apply a half-strength fertiliser every two weeks.
6) Thin out by removing the smallest plants, leaving the strongest 2-3 plants more room to grow in the tin. The thinnings can be transplanted into the garden or other pots.
7) You can grow your plants in the supplied pot until maturity, or transplant them into the garden.
The soil should not need watering again until seeds have germinated. However, if water is required, use a water spray bottle to moisten the soil. You can tell if the soil is drying out if the colour turns from dark brown to light brown.
The soil should be kept moist, but not too wet. If you are unsure about the correct moisture level, press the soil gently. If the soil feels moist but no water appears, the level is correct. If water appears on the surface, gently tip the pot to its side, and let any excess water run out.
To assist with drainage you can place some small stones at the bottom of the tin prior to adding the soil.
Check out our vast range of Gardening products here.
Browse through the rest of our Seeds collection.