Stainless Steel Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit – 10 Metres
The Stainless Steel Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit is the perfect way to protect your solar panels from potential damage by rodents, birds, and debris. Pestrol has been involved in solar panel mesh protection kits for over 5 years and we are excited to offer this new, higher-grade product for more commercial use.
The Stainless Steel wire mesh installed around the perimeter of the solar panels will prevent damage to wiring, and corrosion to your roof and stop animals including birds and rodents living under your solar panels.
The Stainless Steel Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit is backed with a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty against faulty or defective parts. Sadly, the warranty will not cover incorrect installation. Don’t wait any longer, order your Stainless Steel Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit today! Sadly warranty will not cover incorrect installation.
Our Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit securely protects your solar panels without damaging or voiding your panel warranty.
Features a new smaller locking nut for a more discreet installation.
Solar Panel Bird Mesh Kit Contains:
- 1 x 10m roll stainless steel wire mesh
- Width is 21cm
- 35 Commercial Fasteners for the 10m roll
If you have a problem with birds, rodents and debris such as leaves and twigs getting under your solar panels, then this product is for you. Exposed wiring underneath solar panels can be damaged by rodents chewing through them. Excessive debris or nesting material can restrict airflow around your panels greatly reducing the effectiveness.
The best solution for the above-stated problems is our Solar Panel Guard Kits or skirts.
Solar Panel Guard Kits or solar panel skirts as commonly described in Australia provide a low-cost solution for protecting your solar panel investment. Our Solar Panel Guard Kit is made from galvanized and UV PVC coated welded wire mesh and uses UV stable nylon fasteners designed to last in our harsh Australian climate.
Anyone can install our solar panel mesh kits, however, always take care if the roof is up high or at a dangerous angle.
We also have one of Australia’s largest range of bird spikes for protecting your property.
Solar Panel Mesh Kit Installation Guide
Tools required: Gloves metal snips and pliers.
- Place the provided clips every 10-40cm along the underneath of the solar panel frame and pull tight.
- Roll out the solar panel mesh and cut it into manageable 2metre lengths for easier handling. Position the mesh in place, making sure the fastening rod points upwards so it keeps a downward pressure on the mesh to create a firm barrier to the roof. Allow the bottom to flare out and curve along the roof, this will ensure rodents and birds cannot access under the mesh.
- Attach the fastening washer and push firmly to the end to tightly secure the mesh.
- When joining the next section of mesh, overlay approximately 10cm and join the 2 pieces with cable ties to create a complete barrier.
- For outer corners; cut upwards from the bottom until the bend point. Cut a section of mesh to cover any gaps using cable ties to fix the corner piece in place.
- For inner corners: cut the mesh upwards from the bottom until the bend point, and secure any overlay sections together using cable ties.