D-Ter Animal & Bird Repellent
D-TER Animal & Bird Repellent works to repel birds & animals including dogs, cats, parrots, possums and rodents (as indicated in how to use table)
D-Ter effectively persuades pets and wildlife to stop fouling your home and garden. This product acts on the senses of smell and taste of animals entering treated areas, repelling without harming them. In rare cases, it may take a few days to deter undesirable habits. After initial treatment repeat occasionally if necessary. Prevents damage to vegetables, fruit and plants.
- Unique product with a clever, safe mode of action
- Not harmful to humans, animals or birds
- Easy to mix & spray onto the selected areas
- Can be used in general areas and buildings
- Will last up to 12 weeks
- So how does it work? It repels by creating a feeling within the animal that the area is unsafe and threatening. This feeling goes when they move away.
- Use D-Ter Animal & Bird Repellent to repel birds and animals including dogs, cats, parrots, possums, rabbits, wallabies, rats and mice.
- Acts on the senses of smell and taste of animals entering treated areas, repelling without harming them. In rare cases, it may take a few days to deter undesirable habits.
Area that you can use for application:
D-Ter Animal & Bird Repellent can be used in the following situations:
- Building, Sheds, Roofs, Downpipes and Gutters
- Structures, Attics, Ledges and Bridges
- Business, Township, Residences and Country parks and gardens
- Wineries and Vineyards
- Orchards and Market gardens
- Marine areas, Boats and Yachts
- Tree and Bush areas
- Prevents damage to seeds, vegetables, fruit and other plants
- Keeping birds and animals away from fences and buildings to avoid nesting and roosting in unwanted places
- Persuades pets and wildlife to stop spoiling your home and garden.
- Repels animals and birds – including dogs, cats, parrots, possums and rodents
- Repels without harming animals.
- Protects vegetables, fruit trees, ornamentals, seedlings, sheds and buildings from cockatoos, crows, ducks, pigeons, rosellas, starlings, swallows and other birds
- Can be used for both indoor and outdoor locations
- Easy to use – mix with water and spray on
- This product is effective immediately when dry
- Can last up to 12 weeks
- No withholding periods
- No unpleasant odours
- Not harmful to humans, animals or birds
How to Use: Do NOT apply if rain expected within 2 hours. Makes 2 Litres of spray. Important for full directions read enclosed leaflet before use.
997.3g / Kg Aluminium Ammonium Sulphate.
1.5g / Kg Sucrose Octa-Acetate.
0.1g / Kg Denatonium Benzoate.
Frequently Asked Questions:
WHAT IS D-TER?
A highly effective and proven animal and bird repellent, fully registered for use against all animals and birds.
IS IT SAFE?
Yes, it is a very safe product. This product is not considered a poison and there is no withholding period. It is immediately effective once dried, has no unpleasant or revolting odour and can be sprayed almost indiscriminately.
D-TER should not be applied in bright sunshine on sensitive plants (e.g. ferns, primula etc.) to prevent any chance of scorching.
HOW DOES D-TER WORK?
D-TER has been found to be effective in repelling all species of vertebrates against which it has been evaluated. Its mode of action is both scientific and clever. D-TER repels by creating a feeling within the creatures that the treated area is unsafe and threatening. This is reinforced when they quickly leave and the feeling disappears resulting in the development of a “learned aversion response”. The advantage of the development of this response is that not only are the creatures harmlessly repelled but the effect lasts far, far longer than the D-TER itself.
HOW LONG DOES D-TER LAST?
D-TER is generally dissolved in water and applied as a spray but can be used as a dust, for example as a seed dressing. It is important to note that after spraying D-TER, its effectiveness begins when it dries under normal conditions 1-2 hours. Published evidence from overseas and local experience suggests that generally, D-TER provided it has dried before dew or rain, can be expected to last for 8-12 weeks. It will usually survive light showers of rain with the effectiveness again returning when it dries. However, after consistent heavy rain, if the problem recommences, re-spraying is recommended.
DOES D-TER STAIN?
Local and overseas experience (30 years) has shown to date no staining or untoward effect on paintwork metals or plastics. For indoor use on furniture or carpet for example, to prevent cat scratching or pet fouling first test spray on an unseen area (as a normal precaution) or alternatively spray-on pieces of cloth. Allow to dry and pin or lay on affected areas.
NOTE: Please read and follow all the instructions provided with this item before use.
- Mixing: Add 50 grams to 1 litre of warm water, mix thoroughly and allow to cool
- Application: Use either a garden sprayer or watering can be fitted with a fine rose for overall treatments more water may be added provided that the required amount of product is used to cover the area stated.
- Cleaning up: If a sprayer has been used, wash nozzle before material dries to prevent a subsequent blockage.
How to use: Do not apply if rain expected within 2 hours to ensure dry time.
|Area||Pest||Rate||How to Apply|
|Lawns, flower and vegetable beds, paths,|
drives, paved or concrete areas, patios, outdoor furniture,
shop fronts, around trees, fences and walls.
|50g per litre of|
water over 30m2
|before applying remove any animal droppings and thoroughly wash down with disinfectants to remove any. A second spray after 2-3 days may be necessary in persistent cases ( typically cats ). After initial treatment repeat occasionally.|
|Vegetables, fruit trees, ornamentals, seedlings.||Birds||50g per litre of water||Spray flower buds and fruit prior to showing colour, otherwise apply at first sign of attack or damage. Apply as a cover spray. Repeat as necessary to protect new growth.|
|Buildings, fences||Birds||50g per litre of water over 60m2||To discourage nesting and roosting. Clean up and thoroughly spray all affected areas.|
|Herbs, fruit trees, ornamentals, seedlings||Rabbits|
|50g per litre of water over 60m2.||Small plants, roses – apply as an overall spray thoroughly wetting the foliage. Trees and shrubs – apply to parts of stem and trunk liable to damage. Large areas – apply 2m strip around the area and several bands within.|
|Stored crops and seeds.||Rats|
|50g per litre of water over 30m2||Stacks or heaps – apply to the outer area before covering.|
Sacks – ensure sacks are securely closed – apply after stacking.
|Seed, lawn seed, bulb and corn dressing||Birds|
|Dust thoroughly with powder||Treat just prior to sowing.|