The Pestrol Bird Chaser is an electronic bird repeller designed to keep pest birds out of your properties! The Pestrol Bird Chaser is designed to cover larger areas such as Farms, Yards, Orchards, Gardens etc…
How it works….
Nature dictates that certain predatory species of birds hunt and feed on other animal species. Among birds, these predatory habits are especially notable in hawks and owls. Most Hawks and owls prey mainly on rats, mice, rabbits, birds and other vertebrate animals. Among birds, the true predators are mostly in the falcon Family, Hawk family and Owl family.
Exploiting these predatory tendencies, the Bird Repeller will produce the predatory calls on the hawk (eagle), falcon and owl species to scare unwelcome birds such as sparrows, blackbirds, pigeons, crows, starlings and various other birds away from your property. This humane and environmentally friendly method will solve your pest bird problem without harm to humans and other creatures. In addition, it can also deter open field rodents and rabbits. With the PIR function, the Bird Repeller can be used as a special security device. It will sense any intruder’s movements and activate the Bird Repeller. A volume adjustment knob is available.
Affects the following birds:
-Other pest birds …
-PIR function allows smaller area protection.
-Auto function with 5-30 minutes time interval for larger area protection.
-Built-in photocell allows it to operate only in daytime.
-PIR function offers a daytime security to alert possible intrusion with a built-in volume adjustment control.
-Power supply: Input 100-120 VAC, 50/60Hz, 220-240 VAC, 50/60Hz
-Output: 12 VDC
-Sound: digital recording of hawk, falcon, eagle and owl
-Protection coverage: up to 1 acre (when volume is set at maximum)
-PIR Coverage Area: ARC Angle of 130 degrees, a distance of 30 feet.
– Weighs 760g
– Dimensions 23.5 x 13 x 11cm
1. Attach the Bird Repeller to a post or wall where a power source is nearby. Plug the adapter into the power socket and set the switches and knobs according to your requirement.
2. When set to PIR Mode, the Bird Repeller will cover a fan-shape area of 130 degrees at a distance of up to 30 feet. The LED light is lit continuously. When a bird flies into the coverage area, the Bird Repeller will broadcast the predatory calls to scare the intruder away. You may adjust the volume knob to suitable loudness. Time Interval is not functional in thePIR Mode.
3. When set to AUTO Mode, the LED indicator flashes at a speed based on the Time Interval. The longer the interval time, the slower the flashing will be. The Time interval can be set from 5 to 30 minutes by adjusting the knob clockwise. Similarly, you may also adjust the volume control. The Bird Repeller will broadcast predatory calls every 5 to 30 minutes automatically.
4. A built-in photocell will disable the Bird Repeller when it is dark as activities of most birds are reduced. You may also turn off the Bird Repeller by switching to the OFF position.
5. For a small area or when used for security purposes, it is suggested to use the PIR Mode. For best results, hang theBird Repeller 1 to 2.5 meters above ground. Avoid obstructions within the operating area of the device.
6. For larger areas such as farms, orchards or big yards, it is recommended to use the AUTO Mode and adjust the Time Interval according to your needs.
7. It is also recommended that you experiment with various locations to find the most effective position to install theBird Repeller.
- Do not immerse the device in water or any other liquids.
- Do not modify or temper the unit’s internal components.
- The PIR detecting system goes on and off as warm-blooded animal’s movement starts and stops.
- Make sure the lens is clear. Do not handle the lens. Use a damp cloth to wipe any dirt gently. Use no benzene, alcohol or paint thinner.