Selleys Roof & Gutter Speed Seal Translucent 300g
A fast curing sealant for use in roofs & gutters, the Selleys Roof & Gutter Speed Seal Translucent 300g is ready for rain within 1 hour of application. Usable on any roof made of metals, tiles and colorbond, this speed drying formula works perfectly when you are looking for a 100% silicone, quick-drying solution.
- Super fast cure and stiff consistency provide a waterproof seal that is rain-ready in 1-hour #
- Non-corrosive neutral cure formula
- Superior flexibility +/- 25% movement capability
- Temperature resistance – approximately -60°C +150°C
- Drinking water safe- complies with Australian Standards AS/NZ4020^
- UV and weather-resistant – guaranteed for 25 years* against cracking, crumbling or peeling away
Where can this product be used?
- Metal and tiled roofs
- Colorbond Roofs
- Guttering and Flashings
- Vents and Downpipes
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Sheet metal
- Copper & brass
- Rigid PVC
- Glazed tiles
How to use:
Use in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Clean and dry surface using mineral turps.
- Cut the tip off the cartridge and cut the nozzle at a 45° angle. Fit nozzle to the cartridge. Place cartridge into a caulking gun such as Selleys Speed
- Hold caulking gun at 45° angle and gun sealant ahead of nozzle ensuring product is pushed into the joint. Important: product will skin in 5 minutes.
- For a smooth finish, tool with a spatula dipped in soapy water. Clean up before sealant skins in 5 minutes, with a cloth dampened in mineral turps.
- Sealant will cure in 72 hours. At this point, any unneeded sealant can be removed by trimming with a sharp blade but avoid under-cutting the seal.
- Not paintable. Complete painting 7 days before applying sealant.
- Not recommended for use as a plug for burst pipes.
- Do not use in below waterline applications.
- Not for Aquariums.
- Not for contact with food or eating utensils.
- For neater joints, mask sides before applying sealant and remove the tape before sealant skins.
- When first applying the product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of silicone sealant.
- For a better finish use a spatula dipped in mineral turps or soapy water to tool off the sealant.
- Work in sections that can be completed before sealant skins. Tooling off and tape removal must be completed before skinning occurs or a rough surface may result, so working in sections allows for a better finish.
#Sealant will have firm skin and will be waterproof and rain-ready 1 hour after application. The semi-cured sealant must not be touched until cured (48 hours).
^Cured sealant at the area to volume ratios up to 4000mm2/L
- Uncured product may be removed with mineral turps.
- Cured product can be removed with Selleys Silicone Remover or by cutting and scraping.
Have a look at the rest of our range of Selleys Products.