Selleys Glass Clear
Selleys Glass Clear provides excellent adhesion to glass due to the fact that it is an acetic acid curing 100% silicone. It is formulated especially for aquarium construction and glazing.
Selleys Glass Clear is temperature resistant and it is also UV and weather resistant. This product can be used for windows, window frames, glass aquariums, stainless steel, most woods, rubber and glazed ceramics.
How to use:
- Thoroughly clean and dry surface from oil, dirt and grease with mineral turps.
- Cut the tip off the cartridge and cut the nozzle at a 45° angle.
- Fit nozzle to the cartridge.
- Place cartridge into a caulking gun such as the Selleys Light Speed caulking gun.
- Hold caulking gun at 45° angle and gun sealant ahead of nozzle ensuring product is pushed into the joint.
- For a smooth finish, a tool with a spatula is dipped in soapy water.
- Clean up before sealant skins in 5-10 minutes, with a cloth dampened in mineral turps.
- The sealant will cure in 72 hours.
- At this point, any unneeded sealant can be removed by trimming with a sharp blade but avoid under-cutting the seal.
- Not paintable. Complete painting 7 days prior to applying sealant.
- Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene or Teflon.
- Not suitable for use on oily woods such as cypress, teak or cedar.
- Not recommended for use on concrete, cement products, zinc or metals containing copper.
- Not suitable for use on roofs and gutters as it will cause corrosion.
- Use in well-ventilated areas.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- For neater joints, mask sides before applying sealant and remove the tape before sealant skins.
- When first applying the product, extrude a small amount onto a piece of scrap material to ensure a smooth continuous flow of silicone sealant.
- Work in sections that can be completed before sealant skins.
- The depth of the sealant should be no more than 10mm in joints. To fill larger joints use a suitable backing rod (such as closed-cell polyethylene foam or similar), leaving the gap depth no larger than half the width of the joint.
- The acetic curing formulation results in superior adhesion on glass and glazing surfaces.
- Superior 100% silicone formulation forms a durable seal.
- UV and weather resistant.
- Temperature resistance – approximately -60°C +150°C.
- Superior flexibility +/- 25% movement capability.
- 25-year guarantee against cracking, crumbling or peeling away.
Available in 75g and 310g