Selleys Liquid Nails Heavy Duty 350g
Selleys Liquid Nails Heavy Duty 350g is a high-performance advanced technology adhesive that gives extra strength and durability when bonding two non-porous materials. It is at least 2 times stronger than other liquid nails formulations.
Selleys Liquid Nails Heavy Duty 350g ensures no drip, slump, stringing, even when applying a bead to overhead surfaces. It has an excellent resistance to water and weather that ensures suitability for both interior and exterior applications.
Can be used:
- Sheet flooring to joists
- Metal or aluminium door strips to floors and walls
- Timber or fibre cement sheeting to cement block or brick walls
- Masonite/hardboard to timber or floorboards
- Wallboard or panelling to wood or metal frames
- Cork tiles to timber, fibre cement or plaster
- Timber flooring to yellow tongue in conjunction with mechanical fixings to avoid later squeaking
How to use:
Do not swallow. Use in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Pierce foil seal before inserting into caulking gun.
- Ensure surfaces are dry and free from oil, grease and dust. Wipe off any pooled water from wet timber.
- Cut cartridge tip and pierce foil, attach nozzle and cut to size (5mm), then insert into caulking gun.
- Apply bead along the length of joist, stud or batten. On broad flat surfaces apply beads every 40cm.
- Position pieces and press firmly together. fix with sufficient nails, screws or clamping to hold the load and achieve contact over the total bond area. Repositionable for up to 20 minutes after fitting.
- Allow adhesive to set (minimum 8 hours) before removing any temporary fasteners or clamping. Use with mechanical fasteners in high-stress applications.
Contact Bond Method
For immediate bond use contact bond method, apply to one surface only, press together and pull apart. Allow surfaces to dry 2-4 minutes, before firmly joining.
When fixing sheet flooring (e.g. particleboard), used in conjunction with the flooring manufacturer’s installation specifications for minimum nailing requirements.
Note: To eliminate squeaks in tongue and groove flooring, use Liquid Nails Heavy Duty in conjunction with mechanical fixings.
- Avoid use in tightly clamped joints eg. Cabinet making or joinery
- Not for use on mirrors.
- Not for metals heated by direct sunlight. Bonds weaken at higher temperatures.
- Not for Styrene Foam.
- Do not use as the sole bonding agent for structural bonding.
- Not for permanent water immersion.
- 2 times more strength than Liquid Nails Original is less than half the time
- Fast speed of cure means mechanical fasteners can be removed after 8 hours on porous surfaces, compared to 24 hours for Liquid Nails Original
- No drip, slump or stringing, even when applying a bead to overhead surfaces
- Excellent resistance to water and weather makes it suitable for interior and exterior applications
- The strong bond that is flexible enough to respond to building movement
- Easy to extrude from the cartridge at low winter temperatures
Have a look at the rest of our Selleys Range.