Mr. Fothergill’s Grow & Brew Tea Kit
Grow and brew your own tea with Mr. Fothergill’s Grow & Brew Tea Kit. This kit lets you go back to basics and grow your own tea! Enjoy unadulterated, fresh tea with these great varieties of Tea. This kit comes with all you need to grow and brew. An amazing gift for gardeners and tea lovers.
Each kit comes with:
- A biodegradable pot
- A soil pellet
- Enamel Mug
- Tea strainer
- Growing instructions
Comes in 4 different varieties:
- Bergamot: Use flowers and leaves to make Earl Grey flavoured tea
- Chamomile: Use flowers to make tea
- Lemon Balm: Use leaves to make tea
- Peppermint: Use leaves to make tea
- Remove everything from the mug and add 1/2 cup of warm water to the soil pellet in a small bowl.
- Let the soil pellet soak in water and expand. Add water until the pellets expand completely & the soil appears fluffy.
- Once the soil has cooled down, transfer most of it into a peat pot, filling the pot up to approximately 1.5cm from the brim. Leave a couple of spoonfuls of soil to use for late.
- Fluff the soil up with a fork and sprinkle seeds evenly across the soil surface. Cover the seeds with a very fine layer (5mm) of the leftover soil.
- Place the peat pot on a saucer in a well-lit position but avoid direct sunlight until the seeds have germinated.
- Once seedlings appear, apply a half strength fertiliser once every two weeks.
- Thin them out by removing the smallest seedlings and giving the strongest 1-2 plants more room to grow in the pot. The thinnings can be transplanted into the garden or into other pots.
- Once the seedlings have matured plant them into their final growing position in the garden, pot-and-all.
- Once mature, use your tea flowers and/or leaves to make tea with the included strainer and mug. Place fresh or dried blossoms and/or leaves in the strainer and let it steep for a few minutes in boiling hot water. You can use them on their own or combine with loose tea leaves. Enjoy!
Note: Keep soil moist but not wet. Water when the soil has dried with a spray bottle so that the seeds do not get dislodged.