Mr. Fothergill’s Growing Tower Kit – Tomato
Mr. Fothergill’s Growing Tower Kit – Tomato is the ideal solution to grow any climbing variety of tomatoes or any other vegetables. The kit comes flat-packed and can be assembled at one, two or three-tier heights depending on what you prefer to support plants up to 1.2metres tall. One of its brilliant features is a water well on the base. This well can be filled up to allow plants to have access to ample amounts of water as needed. The best way to grow plants that love to climb. It is a great way to grow these plants in a smaller space such as a balcony or a greenhouse.
The kit also includes a sachet of Roma Tomato seeds for you to start with. They are a favourite for many and are meaty with few seeds. These tomatoes are great for beginners as they are also resistant to verticillium and fusarium wilt. Sow them in well-cultivated, fertile soil. The ideal time to sow is summer.
Reusable 3-tier tower – 25cm W x 25cm D x 120cm H
The kit comes with:
- Reusable 3-tier tower with water well base
- Roma Tomato Seeds
- Assembly instructions
How to grow:
- Assemble the tower using the instructions provided.
- Fill water into the water well base (2.3 litres) from the filling hole.
- Fill the planter with approximately 9 litres of soil, leaving about 2cm from the top of the pot.
- Sprinkle seeds evenly across the soil surface. Cover with a fine layer (5mm) of soil.
- Once the seedlings appear, apply a half-strength fertiliser once every 2 weeks.
- Thin them out by removing the smallest seedlings, leaving the strongest 1-2 plants more room to grow in the pot.
- Once your plants have started to grow, you can raise the supports on the tower to accommodate your plants up to 1.2 metres.