Yates Possum Repellent Spray
Yates Possum Repellent Spray is an easy-to-use yet effective spray that you can use to deter possums from feeding on your plants. When applied to plant foliage, it successfully deters possums. The formulation was developed by Professor Lynne Selwood and is protected by a patent granted to the University of Melbourne. The patented formulation contains ingredients that repel possums and help reduce feeding damage. However, it is recommended to test this spray on fewer plants first before using it on the entire garden. The reason for this test is that different plants have different levels of susceptibility towards these products’ ingredients.
If you want to check other possum repellent solutions, please feel free to do so.
- Piperonyl Butoxide
- Paraffin Oil
Directions for use:
- Shake well before use.
- Spray plants thoroughly, particularly new growth.
- Reapply every 7 days or after rain. Retreatment timing can be extended as possum behaviour changes.
- DO NOT use when shade temperatures are near 30°C or higher.
- DO NOT use when soil is dry and plants are suffering from moisture stress.
- Apply late afternoon or early evenings as most possum activity occurs at night.
- Repeat treatment may be required following significant rain.