Vetafarm Triple C 100g
The Vetafarm Triple C 100g happens to be a powdered broad spectrum antibiotic that can be added into food and used within water as well. We also stock the 25g variety!
The Veatfarm Triple C 100g supplement is recommended for all types of bird species as being the front line antibiotic to use when having difficulties identifying a definite diagnosis. This particular antibiotic can also be administered in order to maintain the prevention of Psittacosis.
Triple C should not be mixed in water with any other products.
The effectiveness of Triple C will be decreased if calcium supplements are present within a bird’s diet, therefore, the use of calcium must be discontinued during antibiotic treatment. After a course of Triple C has been completed, Probotic should be administered to re-establish gut flora.
The Broad Spectrum antibiotic happens to be effective against E. coli (Enteritis), Mycoplasma (Chronic Respiratory Disease) and Chlamydia (Psittacosis). It is ideal to use this supplement as a front line antibiotic when birds begin to become ill band when a diagnosis cannot be clearly identified. Effective when administered in either food or water. Can be used as prevention for Psittacosis once per year for 45 days.
Active Constituent includes 100mg/g Chlortetracycline hydrochloride.
- Parrots: 5.0g/L in water
- Finch/Pigeon: 2.5g/L in water
- All ornamental birds: 5.0g/kg in dry food.
- All ornamental birds: 10g/kg in hand rearing food.
- Remove all sources of unmedicated water and prepare fresh solutions daily.
- Remove sources of grit and calcium for the duration of treatment.
- Supply medicated water for 5-7 days (Psittacosis 45 days) in glass, glazed or plastic containers.
Size: Available in 25g and 100g
Expiry: 1 year from date of manufacture.
APVMA approval number: 52851/0205