Selleys Woodfilling Putty – 450g
Selleys Woodfilling Putty – 450g is a high-quality linseed oil-based putty that has been carefully tinted to look like honey oak to mix in with wood. For the convenience of usage, the format is ready to use. The product has excellent storage properties. It’s been tinted to fit nicely with most varieties of wood. It can be used on wood and timber.
It can be used for:
- Repairing nail holes and cracks in wood
- Adding glass to wooden window frames and door panels
- Bedding beads for glazing
How to use:
For filling nail holes and cracks
- Prime timber and nail heads with an oil-based primer and allows to dry for nail heads and cracks.
- Soften the putty in your fingers and apply it immediately to the affected regions, pressing it in well to provide a complete fill. Smooth over to the desired finish.
- Paint putty between 1 and 4 weeks following the application for all exterior applications or where a painted finish is needed.
- Apply an oil-based undercoat before finishing with either an oil or a water-based paint.
- To prevent oil loss into the wood, apply an oil-based primer to the window frame rebate and glazing beads. Rebate and glass should be dry, clean, rigid, distortion-free, and true and square. The glass should be placed in the frame with a minimum of 1.6mm gap between it and the frame.
- Rebate depths for 3-4mm glass are 10mm, and for 5-8mm glass, 15mm. The rebate width should be large enough to accommodate the recommended 12mm of front putty.
- Before using the putty, remove any surface skin. Fingers soften the putty. Apply to the back of the rebate.
- Install glass, squeezing out putty to approximately 2mm between glass and frame. Fix glass with pins and apply putty to face upfront. If using wooden glazing beads, apply additional putty in the rebate. Install bead squeezing out putty to approximately 2mm thickness between glass and bead.
- Putty can be applied by hand or with a knife. A few drops of linseed oil on the hands or a putty knife will make for easier working.
Browse through the rest of our range of Selleys Products.