Fleas are something that most people do not even notice until they infest their home. Once fleas are in your home they are difficult to get rid of. It is important to deal with fleas quickly before they get out of control. Fleas are usually tracked into your home on a host such as a cat or a dog. If you don’t have pets, rats and mice can have fleas that will cause an infestation.
How Do I Prevent Fleas In My Home?
- Comb your pet with a flea comb to look for signs of a flea infestation. Fleas leave small particles of dried blood on the skin of their host.
- Treat your pets with flea treatments. If they are infested then they need to be doused with a flea treatment and bathed. A good flea collar should hold fleas at bay and prevent future infestations.
- Keep grass short, fleas will hide in grass and then attach to a host such as a pet when they walk by.
What Are Some Home Remedies For Flea Problems?
- Fill a small flat container with water and shine a light on it. Fleas are attracted to the light and will jump into the water and drown.
- Vacuum floors, mattresses and upholstery, taking care to access the cracks and tight spaces which are great hiding places for fleas and places where they will lay their eggs.
- Wash pet bedding in hot water, dry on high heat on the highest setting. If the infestation is too severe then you may have to throw out the bedding and buy new items.
- Use a steam cleaner to clean your carpet. The steam is hot enough to exterminate any fleas that may be in your carpet. Go over areas where your pet sleeps a few times.
How To Get Rid Of Fleas With Pestrol?
Get rid of Fleas with Pestrol. Flea infestations can be difficult to deal with. When you need professional help, Pestrol is your source for great products and information