We rarely consider the options for pest control when there are no things going bump in the night and it’s all quite, or when there are no tell-tale signs of bugs or spiders in our home.
We have all been there. But when it comes to pests, ‘NEVER’ is the wrong word to use.
You’ve either had them, currently have, or will have them. It’s just a matter of time.
When you see the first ant trail, find some droppings in the basement or holes in your clothes, that’s when you start to wonder: how do I get rid of this pest?
Not to worry though, as I said: everyone has a pest problem at some point. And most definitely, no one (I’m assuming here, so I might be wrong!) wants to share their home with pests. You have two options: hire an exterminator or go the DIY (Do-It-Yourself) pest control way. A lot of people choose to do it themselves.
What are the Benefits of Doing It Yourself?
1. It saves you money – It is far cheaper to control pests in your home by yourself rather than hiring a professional. When you do it yourself, you’ll only need to buy the pest control supplies without having to pay extra for labour
2. You get to choose the pest control products – Some pest control products are inferior to others or more dangerous than others. When you choose to do your own pest control, you get to choose.
3. You will know all the areas of the house that have been treated – When an exterminator does it, you can’t follow them around to know what is placed where. If you do it yourself, you’ll know which areas are not safe and thus limit access for kids and pests.
4. Easy follow up – Since it’s you who is doing the pest control, you won’t have to wait for someone else to come and check whether the method used works. You are always in the house and able to follow up on results for necessary changes.
5. No strangers in your home – It’s hard to trust someone you do not know with your house. For some types of extermination, you’ll have to evacuate and leave your house in a stranger’s hands.
6. Convenience – Most people spend a lot of their time at work. This makes scheduling a visit by an exterminator extremely difficult. Controlling pests by yourself allows you to choose the time that is most convenient for you.
7. Privacy – For those people who value their privacy, there is no option other than controlling pests by themselves.
8 Environmental concerns – Most exterminators do not give you an option when it comes to the products and methods they use to get rid of pests. If environmental issues are of major concern, then DIY pest control gives you the ability to control the effect you’ll make on the environment..
9. Learning is easy – Directions for using DIY products are straightforward and easy to follow. Furthermore, you can get a lot of free professional advice with just a click thanks to the internet – just be careful where you look.
10. Easy maintenance – With do-it-yourself methods, maintaining a pest-free home is easy. You do not need to make an appointment each year or take a day off for seasonal infestations. Just use the leftover products from last year to control this year’s infestation.
The benefits of controlling pests by yourself are numerous. This is why a lot of people prefer this option to calling in a professional. Pestrol is committed to ensuring that you have all the equipment and products you need to take care of your home pest problems safely and effectively.
Check out our catalogue: https://www.pestrol.com.au