Yates LawnSmart Kikuyu Lawn Seed
Yates LawnSmart Kikuyu Lawn Seed is a mixed solution that is well suited for the warm Australian climate. This lawn tolerates dry periods well and remains greener over winter. You can also check our various gardening related products.
Kikuyu, Annual Ryegrass
How to use:
- Prepare the soil by digging to a depth of 10-15cm.
- Rake and level to produce a firm and even surface.
- Leave the area for approximately 2 weeks or until weeds begin to germinate.
- Light watering will be required to initiate weed germination.
- After weeds have germinated, spay the entire area with Yates Zero Glyphosate Weed spray.
- Once the weeds have died off, lightly rake over the area to loosen the soil.
- First, scatter Yates Dynamic Lifter Turf Starter, then Yates LawnSmart lawn seed.
- Scatter half in a North-South direction and the remaining half in an East-West direction.
- Rake into the surface.
- Avoid people and pets in the area until the lawn is well established.
- Important – keep the newly sown lawn damp at all times by watering regularly with a fine mist spray.
- May require watering several times a day in hot or windy conditions.
- The lawn should be first mown when it reaches 10cm in height and then gradually reduce to a minimum of 5cm.