Watering Can Grow Kit
Watering Can Kit – Grow your own plant with a charming all-in-one grow kit, complete with a tin watering can. This decorative growing kit includes a peat pot, seeds and soil pellet plus a bright coloured metal watering can that can be used to water your plants, and stickers to decorate your watering can. A great gift for a gardening lover, children getting started in gardening or a gardening novice.
The perfect idea to make gardening more enjoyable while reaping what you sow.
- Hydrate soil pellets in a bowl using 1 cup of warm water. Allow the soil pellets to soak in the water and expand. Continue to add water until the pellets are completely expanded & the soil appears fluffy.
- Once the soil has cooled down transfer most of it into the peat pot, filling the pot to approximately 1.5cm from the brim. Leave a couple of spoonfuls of soil for later use.
- Place your seeds on top of the soil and cover with a very fine layer (5mm) of your leftover soil.
- Place the peat pot in a well-lit position but avoid direct sunlight until the seeds have germinated.
- Once seedlings appear, use your watering can to water your seedlings, and apply a half-strength fertiliser every two weeks.
- Thin out by removing the smallest plants, leaving the strongest 2-3 plants more room to grow in the pot. The thinnings can be transplanted into the garden or other pots.
- Once the seedlings are mature (with approximately 5 leaves) transplant them into their growing spot in the garden, pot-and-all in a sunny spot.
- Continue to use your watering can to water your plants while they grow.
Available in 3 different plant types:
Have a look at the rest of our range of Gardening Products.