Mosquito Control Drops
The Envirosafe Mosquito Drops are the result of research and development of liquids which when spread across the surfaces of water, can suffocate immature mosquitoes. The product has a purely physical action as does not contain any toxic chemicals. Its strong spreading action ensures that it will move around vegetation and other obstacles on the surface and is highly resistant to wind or ripple action. It is also unaffected by rain falling on the surface. The best way to kill mosquitoes early and works well in conjunction with our other outdoor mosquito traps.
Envirosafe Mosquito Control Drops (45ml) also have advantages over chemical and biological larvicides:
- special equipment is not needed, and it can be applied by the general public.
- its efficacy is not affected in heavily polluted water.
- it has an impact on all stages of the breeding cycle
Liquid mosquito drops are best used in standing water in domestic suburban locations.
- blocked drains
- water tanks
- septic tanks and old tyres.
Simply squeeze a few mosquito drops on top of the water or 0.5m per 1mL per m2 of water surface. For best results, we recommend repeating the application in 1 months time.
The Mosquito Drops form a thin layer of silica on the surface, which prevent mosquito larvae from progressing through the life cycle.
It’s a purely physical action – there are no toxins that will affect fish or aquatic plants.
Reduce mosquito risk around the home
Stop adult mosquitoes entering the home by using automatic insect control products, using flyscreens on windows and doors, and screening chimneys, vents and other entrances. Repair any damaged screens.
Also, consider using a natural surface insecticide spray in areas where mosquitoes like to rest. Did you know that during the day, mosquitoes rest and hide in cool shady areas in and around your home before emerging at dusk to feed. Mosquitoes require water to breed and many mosquitoes can breed in very small amounts of water. Pestrol recommends the following to reduce the risk of mosquitoes breeding in around the home include:
- cleaning up your backyard and removing all water-holding rubbish, including tires and containers
- keeping your lawns mowed
- flushing and wiping out birdbaths and water features once a week.
- filling pot plant bases with sand to avoid standing water
- storing anything that can hold water undercover or in a dry place, and keeping bins covered
- flushing out the leaves of water-holding plants such as bromeliads once a week
- keeping drains and roof guttering clear to avoid standing water
- covering or securely screening the openings of septic tanks and rainwater tanks.
Properly cleaned and chlorinated swimming pools are rarely a source of mosquito breeding but neglected pools can be a haven for mosquitoes.