Cockroaches are extremely resourceful and can live off of the tiniest amounts of food. These small critters are resilient and can be difficult to get rid of once you have an infestation. That is why it is extremely important to prevent such a problem.
Preventing cockroaches in your home
• Keep your appliances clean – remove all grease and food spills in and around all appliances and between the wall and the appliance, clean under your sink;
• Empty out cupboards and remove all small morsels of food that can be a lifetime supply for a roach;
• Only eat in one room of your home – the kitchen to prevent food spills in other areas of your home;
• Clean up carefully each night including vacuuming and sweeping floors to remove food bits, wipe down all countertops with a disinfectant spray every evening;
• Clean up pet bowls each evening
Home Remedies for cockroach Problems
• Roaches love dirt and food particles. Clean up all food residue carefully and thoroughly each day. Don’t leave any dirty dishes in the sink and clean your stovetop and floor;
• Seal all cracks and holes including between your wall and countertop and around all baseboards with caulk.
• Take care of any water leaks. Cockroaches can survive for an extremely long time without food but cannot live without water. Don’t leave any standing water out for them.
• Keep your home cool. Cockroaches love heat and as it becomes hotter they can start to fly because the heat helps them use more of their muscles.
Get rid of cockroaches with Pestrol. Learn more about all of the effective solutions that Pestrol has to eliminate roaches.