Mosquitoes have a way of annoying anyone that they come in contact with. When they get into your home they circle your head and buzz in your ear and when you are least expecting it, they bite you. If you do not want to wake up in the morning with your body covered in mosquito bites then you need to find a way to keep them out of your home or get rid of them.
How Can I Prevent Mosquitoes in My Home?
- Cover all open windows and doors with screens that have small enough holes to keep mosquitoes out;
- Find and empty all sources of standing water. Mosquitoes can breed and multiply with the tiniest amounts of water, so circle your house and get rid of containers, buckets, bowls, pots and anything else that is outside collecting water. That little “kiddie pool” you have in the backyard is a mosquito breeding haven.
- Empty and clean birdbaths and pet water bowls several times weekly;
- Run a fan in the room that you are in. Mosquitoes will literally get “blown away”.
- Keep your lawn cut short and trim decorative bushes around your yard. When your grass is long and your bushes are lush they can provide protection to mosquitoes during the heat of the day.
- Spray outdoor areas that contains non-toxic ingredients.
- Keep natural mosquito repellent like eucalyptus oil, citronella oil and repellent candle.
- To control the mosquitoes that still manage to invade your home even when you have followed all previously mentioned steps is to use mosquito zappers and traps. Mosquito zappers and traps are excellent ways to control mosquitoes.
What Are Some Home Remedies For Mosquito Problems?
Along with effective pest control and mosquito repellent products, there are also some everyday ways you can help to defend yourself against these insidious insects.
It’s a well-known fact that we humans are a mosquito’s favourite food source. They feed on blood, and while they will bite animals as an alternate food source, if people are around, we are their target of choice.
Their keen sense of smell allows them to home in on us, and one of the ways they achieve this is by detecting the carbon dioxide we expel when we breathe.
So, just the mere fact that we’re breathing attracts mosquitoes, so we need ways to repel them.
Eating certain foods can help repel mosquitoes and keep them at bay. Tomatoes are very high in Vitamin B1, which repels mosquitoes. Other foods we can eat are onions and garlic, as these foods have pungent aromas that for one, mosquitoes really don’t like, and two helps to disguise our mosquito luring scent.
Remaining indoors at night is one way to steer clear of mosquitoes, but you don’t want to feel you can’t enjoy a nice summer BBQ out in the yard. Wearing long clothing will help, and you could also burn some specialised coils and incense sticks to repel mosquitoes. Mosquito repellent candles are perfect for outdoor scenarios and can be more pleasant than coils or incense.
Obviously apply insect repellent that’s effective against mosquitoes, such as Pestrol’s range of mosquito repellent balms.
- Add plantings outside your home that naturally repel mosquitoes such as feverfew and catnip which are proven to repel mosquitoes.
- Add coffee grounds to stagnant water. This forces mosquito eggs to float up to the surface where they will be destroyed before they have an opportunity to hatch.
How To Get Rid Of Mosquitoes With Pestrol?
Get rid of Mosquitoes with Pestrol. Pestrol has several effective solutions that can eliminate mosquitoes so that you can enjoy your environment free of pesky flying critters.