There are over 30,000 types of wasps on the planet, so determining the type of wasp that is invading your space is an important step towards dealing with the issue. Some wasps are solitary while others live in large colonies. Colonies start out small and become larger when conditions are ideal and there is a ready food source.
How Can I Prevent Wasps In My Home?
- Hang a false nest will discourage wasps from taking up residence in your home. A large paper lantern or bag hung up near your rafters will do the trick. Wasps are extremely territorial and will not build their nest next to an established colony. This does not always work, but is usually quite effective.
- Keep windows and doors closed and ensure that there are screens over open windows.
- If you are eating outside clean up right away after you are done and don’t leave plates out for extended periods. Wasps enjoy leftover sugary drinks, wine, meat and sweet desserts.
What Are Some Home Remedies For Wasp Problems?
- If you see a nest starting out, get rid of it right away.
- For older, more established nests, spray them at night with an insecticide when all of the wasps are “in bed”;
- Place a large bag around the nest and tie it closed around the top. Tighten the top until the nest falls off into the bag. Place the bag into a large bucket of water and weigh it down with a rock.
How Can I Get Rid Of Wasps With Pestrol?
Get rid of Wasps with Pestrol. Pestrol has many effective solutions that can get take care of your wasp problems once and for all.