Milk Bottle Fly Trap x 4
Try our Milk Bottle Fly Trap that attracts all types of household flies.
These traps are:
- Non-toxic to children and pets
- Designed to fit most 1L and 2L milk bottles
Economical 4 pack (4 heads and 4 baits – heads are reuseable)
- Use with the transparent/clear plastic bottles used for milk or other drinks
- Rinse out the plastic bottle before use.
- Pour the contents of one bait bag into the clean bottle. Add 500 – 750ml of warm water and shake or stir. This will begin to activate the bait to release its irresistible smell to attract flies. (It takes a few days for the bait to be fully activated)
- Insert a trap head into the mouth of the bottle.
Positioning The Fly Trap
- Watch were the flies congregate and place the trap nearby between ground level and 1.5 metres off the ground. A sunny, sheltered spot is usually better than a shaded, windy one.
- After one week, the dead flies and bait will emit a smell (irresistible to flies). It is, therefore, a good idea to place the trap in a location where the smell won’t cause any problem. The smell will attract flies away from where people congregate.
- Shake trap at least twice a week to ensure all dead flies are kept wet. Add water if necessary. DO NOT ADD TOO MUCH WATER.
- Empty or dispose of bottle when it is two thirds full of flies. (Trap head can be reused. Extra baits are available)
For all your DIY fly control needs have a look at our full range of fly control products.