Bird Away Bird Deterrent
The Pestrol Bird Away Bird Deterrent incorporates a sophisticated PIR (Passive Infrared motion detecting system) to monitor a 3-dimensional fan shape area of 70-degree arc at a distance of 12 meters, which is approx. 85 square meters of unobstructed space. When invading creatures are detected, the Bird Away Bird Deterrent will be triggered, which will simultaneously emit a flashing strobe light and continuously variable sound frequency of 17,000 Hz – 24,000 Hz. The unwanted bird pests invading the detected area will be scared away by the Bird Repellers flashing strobe light plus ultrasonic sounds.
The Bird-Away can be used at any location without electricity as it is operated on 2 pcs. of alkaline batteries. Battery power remains on stand-by mode when there are no movements detected. The device is equipped with a DC power input jack in case of heavy activity of unwelcome birds is noticed.
It is designed to keep pest birds out of your properties effectively and humanely!!
- Dual 9V battery operation and optional adapter operation
- Non-location limit, protecting area up to 85 square meters, fan-shaped area of 70 (horizontal); 9 (vertical)
- Easy to mount on walls, posts, trees, etc
- Harmless to humans, pets and birds
- Weatherproof and maintenance-free
- Effective and safe
- LED flashing strobe life up to 100,000 hours
- PIR sensor detects and triggers ultrasonic emission and flashlight
Affects the following birds:
- Other pest birds…etc
- Ponds to protect fish
- Any properties to be bird free
1. Simply remove the main module from the mounting shelter gently. The main module will slide out.
2. Slide open the cover of the battery compartment at the back of the main module and install two new 9V alkaline batteries.
3. For the main operation, plug the proper adapter into the electric outlet.
4.Replace the main module by pushing it into the mounting shelter. Hang the Bird-Away at 1 to 2.5 meters above the ground. Avoid obstructions within the operating area of the device.
5. Turn the power switch to “ON” position. After 30 seconds of warming up, you may see the flashing strobe with inaudible/audible sound. you may push the function button to shift the inaudible sound to audible sound to repel birds according to your need. Leave your Bird-Away on 24 hours.
6. It is also recommended that you experiment with various locations to find the most effective position to install the Bird-away.
7. Under battery operation, if the flashing strobe does not light up when sensing movement within the protected zone, then it is time to replace batteries.
- When anyone is in the protected area, turn off the device to preserve battery life.
- Do not immerse the device in water or any other liquid.
- Do not tamper with the device’s internal components.
- The PIR detecting system turns on and off as warm-blooded animals movements start and stop.
- Make sure the detecting lens is clean. Do not handle the lens. Use a damp cloth to gently wipe off any dirt. Do not use benzene, alcohol or paint thinner
The unit weighs 438g and is 19 x 11 x 10cm