Ticks are small insects that can be found on the underside of branches and in grass. When a pet walks through the grass or brushes underneath of a branch these insects can drop onto their bodies. Ticks are carriers of many different types of diseases that can make your pet very sick. It is important to discover and remove any ticks that attach themselves to pets quickly so that they do not harm your pet.
Preventing ticks in your home
• Keep your grass short and the vegetation surrounding your home short and pruned. This will reduce the chance of a pet picking up a tick from vegetation and getting sick.
• Ticks need to feed on animal hosts such as your pet. Whenever you are in the forest or in grassy and bushy areas that are humid you are in tick territory. Take the time to inspect yourself after you have been in such an area to ensure that you have not picked up a tick.
• Remove any potential shady habitats that can host ticks.
Home Remedies for tick Problems
• If you have been in “tick country” wash your clothing in hot water. This will remove any ticks. If you suspect that any clothing or other items may contain ticks, do not add them to a pile of laundry or the other items may also become contaminated.
• Vacuum and clean your home from top to bottom. Clean out all shelves, dust in every corner, sweep and mop and vacuum every surface.
• Kill tick eggs or larva with pesticide that contains boric acid. Dust around your pet’s bedding.
Getting Rid of Ticks with Pestrol
Get rid of ticks with Pestrol. Take a look at Pestrol’s website to see all of the options that they offer to prevent ticks and eliminate the ones that are currently on or around your pets.