SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Showing all 5 results
With the majority of the population living near the coastline, Australians have always loved the water, and for the most part it’s relatively safe. There are well known dangers for swimmers and surfers though, and sharks are right up there at the top of that list. There are not many things that will instill more fear in people than the gruesome thought of a shark attack.
Some Quick Facts About Sharks
- Out of about 400 species of sharks swimming the oceans globally, 170 species patrol Australian waters
- Much of Australia’s coastline is a preferred hunting ground for the great white shark
- While humans are not a shark’s natural prey, they can often confuse a human with a seal or other animal or fish in distress
- Many shark species are naturally aggressive predators and are always hunting
- Sharks are attracted to blood or urine in the water and have a keen sense of smell
- Sharks have sensory detectors on their snouts and running along their sides. These sensors can sense vibrations in the water, sometimes up to several kilometers away
Why Use Pestrol Shark Repellents?
Pestrol stocks a range of wrist bands called the Sharkbanz 2 – Shark Deterrent. Anyone involved in any activity in the ocean or a river will have peace of mind by simply strapping the Sharkbanz 2 to their wrist or ankle.
So how does it work to repel sharks and minimise the risk of a shark attack?
Sharkbanz makes use of patented technology which has been developed by marine biologists and shark experts. Powerful magnetic technology incorporated into the design acts to confuse the shark’s natural sensory receptors. Sharks are averse to the signal the wrist band emits, and thus repels them in most cases.
While sharks are unpredictable wild animals, wearing the Sharkbanz gives you a front line of defense, generally keeping you safe from sharks while you enjoy your favourite water activities.