Mosquitoes are not only an annoyance but also the deadliest animals on earth. Their bites are both painful and capable of spreading a multitude of diseases that cause millions of fatalities across the world such as Malaria, yellow fever, dengue fever among others. Their wings also make a sharp, irritating noise when they fly which can interrupt your sleep.
But not all mosquitoes are blood eaters and the blood-eating ones don’t always feed on blood. You see, most people are not aware that mosquitoes don’t primarily feed on blood. Mosquitoes feed on nectar and other plant saps as their principal source of nutrition. The female mosquitoes of some species, however, require to feed on animal blood before they can lay eggs as it contains crucial nutrients necessary for egg development. This is what makes these species very dangerous.
How to keep your home mosquito free
Because of the risk they pose, keeping your home free from mosquitoes is of the utmost importance. Some of the ways to do this include:
1. Clearing overgrown vegetation around your home. As mentioned earlier, mosquitoes primarily feed on nectar and plant saps. Having overgrown vegetation around your home not only provides a source of food for the mosquitoes but a good shelter as well. Always keep your lawn mowed and bushes around your home cleared or trimmed if they need to be around.
2. Drain stagnant water around your property. Mosquitoes lay eggs in stagnant water which makes water a crucial necessity for reproduction. Draining still water from pools and containers that hold water will ensure that mosquitoes do not reproduce anywhere near your property.
Controlling mosquitoes by trapping
Although these measures will significantly reduce the mosquito population in and around your home, there’ll still be a few troublemakers left. Traps will help eliminate the ones that fly in from other areas. There are several benefits of using traps to control mosquitoes. Traps are:
1. Chemical free. Mosquito traps, similar to other pest traps, are mechanical devices that do not use chemicals to control the target pest. This makes them safe for your family as no harmful chemicals will be released into your home.
2. Discreet. Traps are very discreet, they control mosquitoes without bringing any attention to themselves as they are noise and odour free.
3. Environmentally friendly. Traps are good for the environment as they use no ozone depleting gases, dangerous chemicals and can be reused multiple times before they require replacement.
4. Easy to use and install. Traps are quite straight forward in terms of usage and do not come with a multitude of instructions.
At Pestrol, we provide you with high quality and effective mosquito traps to ensure that your home is always free from these annoying and dangerous pests. Our mosquito trap catalogue includes:
1. Pestrol Outdoor Exterminator. This trap kills insects without the use of propane. It uses two UV fluorescent bulbs, which produce warm light to attract insects. The titanium dioxide-coated funnel produces carbon dioxide, which is irresistible to mosquitoes, luring the insects to the powerful yet whisper-quiet vacuum fan. Insects are collected and trapped in the retaining cage away from the area of usage, providing the user safe pest protection and comfortable living quarters..
2. Pestrol Mozzie Collector. This device is ideal for controlling mosquitoes in your back property. This cost-effective mosquito control method has been scientifically proven to eliminate up to 99% of mosquitoes within an acre of land.
3. The Pestrol Outdoor Dominator. This mosquito trap uses a combination of several mosquito lures: heat, colour, and black light to attract mosquitoes and bring them close enough for them to be sucked into a retention chamber by a powerful yet quiet fan.