Troforte M Fert-O-Lawn 3.5 kg
Troforte M Fert-O-Lawn 3.5 kg is an environmental revolution in lawn fertiliser technology!
It contains a biologically coated specifically engineered mineral base incorporating up to 60 minerals and a scientifically balanced blend of up to 24 strains of well researched and trialled Australian cultured beneficial soil microbes.
- Up to 60 minerals and 24 species of beneficial microbes, bacteria and fungi were specifically chosen to enhance lawn growth and a thicker, more luxurious appearance.
- Mini-granule size to ensure the fertiliser falls in between the grass blades and on to the soil
- Develops the soil and root system to drastically improve drought resistance
- After continued use, you will notice earthworms returning to your soil creating better drainage and soil aeration
- After continued use, you will notice a considerable reduction in thatch
- No quick fast flush of growth. You will see gentle, sustained and even green growth with Troforte, over an extended period of time
- Beneficial microbial activity and a stronger root system means enhanced protection from pests and diseases such as Pythium
Tips for growing the best lawn:
- Remove weeds as soon as they appear. Do not wait for them to go to seed and spread.
- Avoid short frequent watering. Water deeply to penetrate the soil to about 120-170mm deep to train roots to travel deep to reach water and nutrients.
- Most lawns grow best at a pH of between 6 and 7 (neutral or slightly acidic)
- Mow grass shorter in the winter and longer in the summer months
- Apply Troforte Fert-O-Lawn at least 24 hours after mowing. Water in thoroughly after application (or apply before rains).
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Does this fertiliser have any smell?
A: Troforte® M has a slight “earthy” smell. It is very mild and is not discernable when used on your garden or patio plants.
Q: Is it Pet safe?
A: Troforte® M fertilisers contain natural rock minerals and have no adverse effect on pets should they accidentally ingest it. It does not smell so it is not attractive to pets. Due to the incorporation of slow-release fertilisers, avoid placing them in exposed heaps on the surface. It’s river and reef safe too!
Q: How long can I store it?
A: It has an exceptional shelf life of 12 months after opening the container as long as it is stored in a dry, air-tight container. It should not be exposed to moisture before application.
Q: It looks like the commercial granule in 20kg bags is different in appearance to the 10kg home garden granule?
A: Yes, the 10kg home garden pack has a different construction to give a bit faster early release and therefore you will see quicker results. Both products have the same analysis.
Q: Will the product really feed a garden for four to six months?
A: Yes, all formulations except the Rejuven8or will last 5-6 months however for the best year-round results we recommend 3 applications a year ie one every 4 months and your garden will look amazing all year round.
Q: Is this product organic?
A: Since it contains a portion of controlled-release fertiliser, we do not claim it to be organic. It is very safe for the environment and also river and reef safe. Our approach: feed the Microbes, feed the soil, and then feed the plants.
Q: Is this product safe to handle?
A: We recommend you wear gloves when applying any fertiliser or when working in the garden. We provide a scoop in the bucket to measure and control application rates. It should be applied in a well-ventilated area. Do not breathe in any dust that may be present and always wash your hands after handling any fertiliser or garden product. Do not place your wet or sweaty hands in the bucket if you intend to store the product. Moisture is the trigger to wake up the microbes.
Have a look at our full range of Environmentally Friendly Garden Fertilsers.