Solar Ultrasonic Mosquito Trap Demo Unit – Patented Technology
NOTE: This is a demo unit. It has been used for display and has some signs of wear and tear. Some minor parts may be missing however, the unit is fully functional. Sales on All Clearance Items are Final.
When you have a fight against mosquitoes at your place, unfortunately, there is no instant product other than our Pestrol Ultra Outdoor unit to control mozzies. However, if you want to win the longer-term battle you have to work on controlling the local mosquito population.
We have the sole rights to this amazing Green / Chemical Free Mosquito and Larvae Control Trap for Australia and New Zealand.
Have you ever thought about which animal is the deadliest hunter of human beings on the planet? Well clearly if we are asking you in this product post, you will have known we are going to say the Mosquito. It is estimated a population of more than 100 trillion mosquitoes threaten 4 billion people a year with 700,000 attributed to being killed by mozzies annually.
The inventor of the Ultrasonic Mosquito Trap is starting to win the war with its innovative technology in mosquito control solutions. This product technology has been tested by NEA in Singapore and furthermore, the technology was tested and proven by WHO collaboration labs.
- No noise
- Maintenance-free – set and forget
- Non-toxic – no harmful pesticides
- Powered through its solar-powered panel.
- Approximately 300sq Metre Coverage.
How does it work?
This Solar Ultrasonic Mosquito Trap represents over 15 years of researching mosquito larvae physiology and behaviour to give you a maintenance-free and environmentally friendly method to control mosquitoes. We have joined the revolutionary Larvasonic technology with multiple natural attractants to lure pregnant (gravid) female mosquitoes ready to lay their eggs. Once the eggs are deposited in our system the unique Larvasonic acoustic energy kills the offspring, ending the lifecycle and reducing adult mosquito populations.
Gravid female mosquitoes are naturally searching for the ideal place to lay their eggs. Her primary attractant is water, she can both see and smell the water in the Ultrasonic Mosquito Trap. Many like a shady area such as typically found in abandoned tires or low lying water, the trap geometry gives shaded locations at all times during the day. Certain colours and patterns also are attractive, black and white striped design attracts daylight fliers and our BLUE/UV led cycling light attracts by both the wavelength and the illusion of motion.
Once the eggs hatch into larvae they become susceptible to acoustic energy that is emitted into the water by the transducer. This acoustic energy vibrates the gas within the larvae causing it to rupture internal organs and instantly kills larvae.
Combined natural attractants with pesticide-free acoustic larvicide give you a truly set-and-forget, effective and environmentally safe method of mosquito control.
- Water – the optional natural attractant for mosquito breeding is placed in the bottom chamber.
- A Motion Blue LED (solar powered) to attract mosquitoes (works only from dusk till dawn)
- The trap is made from dark colours that attract mosquitoes.
- The top part of the trap has a black-white variegated design, mosquitoes eyes are attracted to this.
- The first instar larvae will give off an odour which attracts more breeding and laying of eggs from other mosquitoes
- Finally, the technology of Acoustic Ultrasonic Sounds resonates with air within the mosquito’s dorsal tracheal trunk rupturing surrounding tissues and organs.
Length 29cm x Width 29cm x Height 18cm