Selleys D-Mastic Black – 400g
Selleys D-Mastic Black – 400g is an alkyl resin-modified, oil-based caulking compound. When exposed to air, this oil-based sealer produces skin yet stays soft underneath. Created for sealing windscreens in cars, boats, trucks, and buses, as well as metal lap joints in white goods, trailers, bus, and truck bodywork.
- Forms a surface skin that prevents dirt pick-up and transmission by contact on exposed surfaces.
- Most alkyd and water-based paints can be used after the “skin” has formed.
- Mineral turpentine is an easy way to clean non-porous surfaces.
- Non-slumping from vertical joints and easily extrudable, providing convenient usage,
- Long “open” time assists in the assembly of lap joints.
- Lacquered Work
- Machinery and Engines
- Sealing windscreens
- Metal lap joints in whitegoods and automotive bodies
Can be used on:
- Painted Surfaces
How to use:
- Surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of dust, grease, old mastic, and flaking paint before being sealed. Clean with a degreasing solution like mineral turps if necessary.
- Cut the supplied nozzle at an angle to fit the orifice. Cut the tip off the cartridge, fit the nozzle, and place it in a caulking gun like Selleys Light Speed.
- Apply a suitable size bead of D-Mastic to one surface through the planned fasten line if sealing lap seams. Squeeze the mastic bead out on both surfaces and mechanically repair the junction as needed.
- Apply D-Mastic to open joints ahead of the nozzle to force it into the junction. This procedure assists in properly filling the joint and causing the mastic to moisten on the joint’s sidewalls. Smooth the surface with a spatula soaked in mineral turps or kerosene if necessary.
- Not an elastomeric compound, it should not be used in joints subject to considerable dynamic movement.
- Maximum service is achieved when used within joints; it is not recommended to be used as a”skim” coating over joints.
- Not recommended for use in joints required to resist static air or water pressure.
Have a look at the rest of our Selleys Range.